Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Anyone else had the perpetual reboot cycle problem?

Ma Bell suggested that a new phone was the solution. Since my Torch is about 18 months old, that's a costly solution. The rep said I could send the phone for repair, and after a $42 look at it, they would either send back the useless unit or fix it (again, not reasonable). Are there any carriers who are addressing this issue and are actually providing help to their customers??
My Device: Blackberry PRIV
My Carrier: Telus

Let's put it this way...I would rather have my BB. I had got used to using l keyboard after managing to mess up my keyboard. Still, trust me....I consider this IPhone more of a toy and would prefer having my Blackberry back. 

To CJ...I still haven't found any genius to fix my Blackberry Torch, and am not enjoying the new IPhone. All my contacts etc. are, of course, in my BB and cannot be retrieved from the BB backup on the desktop feature.....because it cannot find my Blackberry. This is so very disappointing. Lucky for you that yours got fixed....it is a pity that RIM isn't doing a better job of support.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

koolmum wrote:

I have the same problem with the perpetual reboot loop , after downloading an app. I called my provider, Telus, and was basically told that there is probably no solution to my problem. Yep, tried the pull battery out, put battery back in.....the red light comes on, goes off, reboot starts ...white line crawls across the screen.....

Have you tried staring your BlackBerry in SafeMode?

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hey koolmum, sorry for the late reply.  I'll contact this guy on the phone and see how he fixed it, if he will tell me, and I'll try to get an email address for you, as I'm assuming you are not in my local area.

All i know is that he had to wipe out my system.  I'm happy I have the use of my phone again and didn't have to pay Bell what they were BS'ing me about.  I had the same issue when I tried to plug my phone into the computer as well.  Wouldn't even connect.  I'll see what I can find out for you.

CJ

CJ thanks so much.....any help is much appreciated. We live just outside of Calgary, on an acreage...so, definitely , not in your neck of the woods ;-)

Thanks

New Contributor

No problem!  The Weather Network says you are getting a major snow storm!  We had beautiful weather for a Fall day today, now rain and then another 24 degree C day forcasted for Thursday Smiley Happy  You can keep the snow your way for a little while longer Smiley Wink  Hope to have some news for you soon regarding the BB contact

CJ

Oh, I love the snow...but, we're not getting a major snowstorm! The weather people seldom get it right. I think Calgary itself will have more problems than us 'country folk'!!! The horses sure like the cooler weather. It is fun to watch our two miniature horses running and bucking in it. However, one of my daughter's 'real 'horses decided to roll in the snow...and boy,did she look like she was enjoying it!! I like to make snow angels and just plain walk the dogs when it snows. I shall do my best to keep it out west, for you....because, years ago I lived in TO (West Hill) and do not have good memories of the icy sidewalks and wet snow!!!!!! 

I appreciate you taking time to try and get some help for me...

'T

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

koolmum, no answer to my question?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V