Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Anyone know how to convert a qcp voicemail file to an mp3?

i've archived my voicemail on my blackberry storm, and the dumped them to my computer.

nothing seems to be able to play them... 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Anyone know how to convert a qcp voicemail file to an mp3?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

A brief Google search shows multiple converter programs for this.

I am not familiar with any, so I cannot recommend one.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No one knows how to convert qcp to on a mac or a PC?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I believe that Bifocals recommended that you do a google search, and since he has no experience with any of those, there's nothing to recommend. And, since no one else replied with ideas, it would appear that you are a trailblazer -- in which case we all will anxiously await your results!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

4 years later and I am looking for an answer to the same question.  I have found one converter that says "free download" but it only converts 1/2 of the file until you purchase it.  The app (and web page) looks sketchy to me so so I would rather re-record the voicemail on my hand recorder than risk that.

Oh, I checked Google already.  

How about Blackberry save voicemail in a format that the rest of the world uses--like MP3--in the first place.  Maybe that is yet another reason that BB is hemoraging market share.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: RIM

Google search: QCP files are typically encoded in QCELP or EVRC codec. They have high compression rate, low bit rate and low quality. They are fit for voice, but not fit for music. You'll find a full guide about how to convert QCP to MP3 format.

My Device: BlackBerry Touch
My Carrier: Prodie

I know a software called iDealshare VideoGo which can convert all kinds of QCP files to almost all popular audio format like convert QCP to MP3, convert QCP to WAV, WMA, M4A, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC, APE, AU, RA, DTS, AC3, AAC, MP2, OGG and etc.

My Device: No
My Carrier: Apple

I used to use a little piece of software called Faasoft Audio Converter to convert QCP to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, DTS, AU, etc, happy with it.

My Device: BlackBerry Touch
My Carrier: AT

I use Allavsoft to convert .qcp to .mp3, .wav audio file types