Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

App Error 200 Reset

Hi there,

Tried removing and adding some application to my BB, but the screen just went blank with the 'App Error 200 Reset' in the middle. 
I followed Blackberry's Support site:

Overview
The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:

---------------------

APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution
Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
Click Next.
Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

---------------------

But my BB Desktop Manager does not recognise my BB when I connect it to my computer, i.e. on the bottom left of my Desktop Manager it says Device connected (PIN): None? Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: App Error 200 Reset

Check this link please

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15877&sliceId=2&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've had the same problem as KK89.  I've tried following urumilton's advice but I can't find the LACie applications mentioned so I can't progress further.  I'm working with Vista.

Please can someone help me?  I am desperate to use my 8900 (and I had it working fine before the error message came up, so I know how good it is and that makes it even more frustrating!)

Thanks for any advice.

Annie

PS I should also have said that

(a) I didn't actually download anything as it gave me the error message before I got to that stage, and

(b) I can't use the device at all as it simply shows the error message in black on a white screen and won't respond.  I've tried rebooting by removing battery etc but it always ends up with the same message.  Help!

Message Edited by aw13 on 02-09-2009 11:47 PM
Message Edited by aw13 on 02-09-2009 11:49 PM
New Contributor

I have the same problem and NOTHING installed by LaCie on my computer.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8330

When you re-open blackberry desktop mgr, try clicking on connection settings and "re-detecting" your device.  Simply click the detect button and see if a manual 'detect' will work...

I also always recommend a soft reset (remv and reinsert battery)....

Hopefully that will help....Smiley Happy

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thanks for trying but nothing worked. I had to send the phone in to be repaired.
New Contributor

Hi AW13:

I have the same problem, I did not try to install anything but all of a sudden I got the "App Error 200 - RESET"!  How did you resolve this problem.  I would appreciate any help!

thanks,

Peter

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The suggestions made earlier in this thread have worked for me on two occassions...

Try performing those tasks above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I'd this problem and the only advise that really worked for me is this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

I hope this helps.

Regards. 

New Contributor

Thanks all, I will try it out and see which fix is the best.  But does anyone know what causes this especially since I did not try to install any APP?