Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

App Error 200 and it's consequences

My phone had been on and sitting on the table when the screen went white and the App Error 200 came up. I reset the phone as the app requested but it never would turn on past the load screen. After reading in the forums about solving this problem by updating the software I proceeded to plug my phone into my computer.  The desktop software said my phone needed to be repaired so I allowed it to work it's magic. When it was done, however, my phone was almost completely different. I still had my music and pictures but I had lost all of my contacts and work notes. The Facebook app doesn't work. The whole phone seems to be dumbed down and I don't have as many options to rearrange the folders more efficiently. What can I do? Is it a lost cause?

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App Error 200 and it's consequences

You have the desktop software (obviously).  I'm hoping you did a backup?  If you did a backup, that will restore all of your settings, etc from the time of that backup. 

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: App Error 200 and it's consequences

[ Edited ]

You still have pictures and music because those files are on a microSD media card.

As fishersd suggested, if you have a backup you can restore data and settings as of the time of the backup. You probably will need to download user installed apps again.

If you don't have a backup, you have lost what ever was on the device. If you were using BlackBerry Protect you will be in pretty good shape, maybe not the best, but pretty good.  Hopefully you have a full backup on a computer that you can restore. 

- Ira