Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

App Error 205

I have just bought an 8100 and transferred my Palm data to the phone. I tried to Sync to the PC and now I have "App Error 205 - Reset" which I can't remove. I have removed the battery and SIM, and reloaded the software - no result. Can anyone help?
Contributor

Re: App Error 205

Try wiping the device back to factory default by going to Options-> Security Options-> General Settings-> Click in on the Menu key and select wipe handheld. This will power the device off and reboot it. Try synching after that. Good luck!

Thanks, but unfortunately the phone is completely locked - can't get rid of the error message even by reset.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm not sure what your carrier is, but it sounds like you will need to reload the device software. Here are the instructions:

You will need to download your device software. You can find it here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp 

After downloading it, you will need to do the following:

To use the application loader tool to install BlackBerry Device Software, complete the following steps:

1. Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. 
  3. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
  4. If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and then click OK.
  5. Complete one of the following steps: 
    • If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    • If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
  6. Click Next.
  7. If prompted, type your BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.

Note: When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry smartphone, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

8. Select the check box for the BlackBerry Device Software
  9. Click Next
  10. If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone and then click Next
  11. Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software. 
  12. Click Close when the software is finished loading.

~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Tamrock is correct - here is the blackberry link that identifies your problem.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10519&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Tamrock, Thanks so much for your help. The link you posted doesn't seem to work, but I found the download on the Blackberry site and successfully downloaded to the PC. Unfortunately, although the PC recognises the Blackberry as new hardware, the application loader fails to connect: in fact, "disconnected" appears constant in the Desktop Manager bottom bar whether the phone is connected to the PC or not.

Any thoughts for the technologically challenged?

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you make sure that the desktop manager was set up to detect your pin? You would do this by going to options, connect settings, detect. If you have and it did not work, try plugging the USB into another port. If that doesn't work, remove your battery from the BB while you are hooked up with the USB and while the desktop manager is open.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein