Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

App Error 523 Reset occurs at code level 4.7.0.75

While exiting out of the Contacts Application received white screen and App Error 523 Reset. Storm became unusable until I performed a hard reset.  From a google search this error occurs on various Blackberry models and has not been resolved yet. Reviewed tips KB10376 and KB03901 from Blackberry.com and not much help.  Anyone else experience this error?   
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: App Error 523 Reset occurs at code level 4.7.0.75

YES:::

Remove and reload the OS totally.

Providing you have the latest device OS for your carrier..

go to C Drive: Program file: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader :  Loader.exe and run that file...

Go to device application selection and untick anything you dont need.

Click Next

I would not reccommended backup and restore. (If you are running a BES, everything should be on your pc anyway) But if you must, then do a backup)

When you get to the last page before you select 'finish' you should see an Advance Options. Click this and make sure both checkboxes are ticked.. This removes and replaces any bugs or glithces in the software.

You must make sure you have the LATEST version for your device, distributed by THE CARRIER THE DEVICE WAS MADE WITH. (Find this on the carriers website

If you're not sure, do a vendor ID check.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Visitor

Hi

I turned on today after re-charging over night and the screen was split with half a keyboard and various other odd features. I now have a white screen displaying   App error 523 reset. Can anyone help. It is a blackberry storm

Thank you

Alex

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

First things first, read the above comments to see if they help.  Secondly, start with a battery pull.  Open up the back cover on your phone, remove the battery, wait 15-30 seconds, put the battery back in and reinstall the back cover.  The phone will reboot.  Note that this process often takes ~5 minutes, so be patient.  Everything should be up and running again after that. 

If you need any more specific assistance, respond back with a list of the apps currently installed on your BlackBerry.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Bumblepie:

Will doing this:

YES:::

Remove and reload the OS totally.

Providing you have the latest device OS for your carrier..

go to C Drive: Program file: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader :  Loader.exe and run that file...

Go to device application selection and untick anything you dont need.

Click Next

I would not reccommended backup and restore. (If you are running a BES, everything should be on your pc anyway) But if you must, then do a backup)

When you get to the last page before you select 'finish' you should see an Advance Options. Click this and make sure both checkboxes are ticked.. This removes and replaces any bugs or glithces in the software.

You must make sure you have the LATEST version for your device, distributed by THE CARRIER THE DEVICE WAS MADE WITH. (Find this on the carriers website

If you're not sure, do a vendor ID check.

... delete my contacts / addressbook?

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

zythyl wrote:

... delete my contacts / addressbook?

No, a normal OS upgrade will not remove your contacts and addressbook--NORMALLY.

So, be sure to do a backup using Desktop Manager > Backup, before any OS upgrade.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I recently migrated to .148 a week ago.  I just experienced this as my BBery Storm was sitting in the charger all night.  Is this a flaw in the latest OS release?