Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App Error 523 Reset

Will somebody please help with my BB Pearl 8110 by walking me through

the complete resolution to this problem?

It all began by turning itself on and off, on and off.

I checked for updates an began the update process to v 5?

Unfortunately it must've turned itself on and off, on and off causing

App Error 523 Reset.

I followed other advice like hard and soft reboots? and my BB began

Blinking 4 times then once repeatedly.

So after going through, what I thought were the correct steps to recover

I've once again returned to

App Error 523 Reset.

At this point all I want is my BlackBerry back. Forget any personal items

I once had. I'll start all over again.

Thanks a bunch for any help and if it helps I will surely post so.

New Contributor

Re: App Error 523 Reset

Here's what I finally did to solve my problem,

1. Threw my BB8110 as far as I could

2. Located it and stomped on it

3. Kicked it around a bit

4. Poured lighter fluid on it and lit it up

5. Picked up the pieces and put them in the garbage disposal

6. Removed the ruined garbage disposal and threw it out with yesterdays trash

I don't have the error message or the blinking red light anymore.

or that 8110..Good luck with those who do and try to seek help here.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

We are so sorry that you are having so many difficulties. While many experience the same (a search here will reveal that fact), there are also many who have very positive experiences with their BB. Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

FYI -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unfortunate that we all missed your post and did not provide any useful responses to you...but, we are volunteers and not paid RIM support folks...sometime we just miss things. But a perusal through these forums will I think show your experience to be abnormal (as far as helpfulness in these forums is concerned). But, yes, I am biased...I volunteer a lot of time here when I can.

For the benefit of others who search and find this thread, here is the relevant KB for resolving the 523 error:

• KB11816 Error "523 app.error.Reset" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I understand about the help being user to user. How else would we get responses in such a timely manner?

I appreciate you all for being there for us. Really I do. If I can't turn it on, call(phone) others by name(voice dial), enter and be reminded by my calendar appointments, take pictures or videos and simultaneously email or text message them, or calculate, communicate or congratulate at the push of a button it doesn't work. If I need to take more than two steps to remedy any problem then it's beyond me. I'm sorry. Believe me. I don't need somebody to 'hold' my hand' or 'walk me through' any problem. I need somebody to take ownership of this problem and fix it themselves. I don't want to know how it's been fixed. That'll just turn my brain from jello to pudding.

I have a perfectly fine BlackBerry Pearl 8110, Titanium save for the OS problem now sitting docile in the new box in which my new BlackBerry Pearl 8110, Titanium came in. Luckily, and totally unbeknownst to me, I had a complete backup on my laptop with which I was able to restore order and calm to my so called life.

Thank you all for being there in our hours of needs.

One faithful BlackBerry Pearl 8110, Titanium user.