Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

App Error 523 (Uncaught Exception: Index 5 >=5)

I've read each thread and they're not helping me. The solutions are very vague and I can't get an App Loader to come up on my computer. I've downloaded the newest BB Desktop Manager as well and it won't "connect" to my BlackBerry (recognizes PIN and such, but won't connect under connections). 

I've tried rebooting in safe mode, but still get the App 523 error. It's also giving me this initially: "uncaught exception: index 5 >=5"

I also downloaded BBSAK and can wipe the BB and install the OS through it as well (right?), but this would cause me to lose contacts and my notes and stuff in the phone, right? I have all pictures and videos updated, but I have some important things in my notes tab. 

Please help!

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: App Error 523 (Uncaught Exception: Index 5 >=5)

here is my recommendation

first when your device starts up, use BBSAK to do a full data and then application backup since it can read teh device. Make sure it has saved all the data in the folder it allows you to name and will be located in the Program Files>BBSAK>filename

then download your device OS from http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html  and install it onto your computer

after it has been installed get into this folder Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader and delete the file written vendor.xml

start your Desktop Software and then connect your device via USB with the battery out. when your desktop software prompts you that device is connected but has and error connecting select the repair tab then place the battery back in. It will load and ask you to install the new updates or to load the current version. select either option and continue.

remember to select backup device on the next screen and then allow the update to load. This can be several minutes depending with your PC speed. after it loads it will put back all of the backed up information and start as nromal.

remember the problem could have been caused by an application you recently downloaded and you might need to check if your applications are not conflicting.

Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor

Hey Ben, 

Thanks a lot for the response. I have backed up my device with BBSAK and can see 52 files in the folder, with slideshows, plugins, AIM apps, etc. Does this include my "Notes" that I've saved throughout the past 2 years, as I'd really like to keep these. 

Just double checking what I can still save before I continue. 

I also haven't downloaded any apps in the past few months (if not year). I downloaded Trapster years ago and updated FB, that's it. 

Developer

sorry for the delay.

if you back up using BBSAK it only backs up your applications. If your phone is still being recognized by the Desktop Software use that to back up your notes, contacts, messages and any other information you have on your device. Smiley Happy
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
New Contributor

It doesn't recognize it on my BlackBerry Desktop (likely because it goes to error). Is there anyway around this or a way to troubleshoot it? I really can't lose my contacts. 

Developer

Not sure how you can access that now but if you have not yet wiped your device, connect the device and then choose c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Application Loader\apploader.exe and open it whilst your new system is installed on your PC.

when it prompts you to do an upgrade select the backup data and applications section before it continues to do anything. If it doesn't prompt you to do the backup just remove the phone and hopefully by then i will have found a link for you to donwload a third party application to do the backup for you

Try my apps:
New Contributor

That folder isn't on my computer. In RIM I have BlackBerry Desktop and then random stuff in that folder. No AppLoader. 

Can you provide a download link?

Developer

please repair your Desktop Software, the folder should be there and maybe it got corrupted

Try my apps:
New Contributor

I'm not sure what that means. How do I "repair" it? I downloaded it from the BB site a few days ago. It is the newest version. Could it be my folder settings not showing it?

Developer

on the application you downloaded, just open it again and follow the steps. It will ask you to either remove or repair and you select repair then continue. after that restart your PC and try the steps which included the AppLoader.exe i wrote in an earlier post

Try my apps: