04-21-2010 04:52 PM
Hey there. My BB curve is showing the app error 523 reset screen over and over. I cant get it to do much. Every now and then when I do a battery reset it will eventually load the main screen on the phone and say something about exception 3 error...something like that then the app error 523 shows up... but for the most part everytime the phone comes on, within 15 seconds the app error 523 pops up and locks the phone up.
Now I have been reading online for the past day or so trying to troubleshoot the issue, and I've read where I have to load the desktop manager and either d/l the new O/S and/or delete any apps that might have caused the issue. My problem is I cannot get the phone to stay connected to the desktop manager long enough to do anything befor the app error 523 pops up and shuts the phone down again. I have tried taking the memory card out and doing it, also tried taking the sim card out, but that error 523 keeps showing up.
Does anybody else know of anything I can try with this phone? It's really starting to get annoying.
Thanks for any advice..
04-21-2010 05:20 PM
If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
Now, See if you uninstall any apps you question that might be cause the error --or theme.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code