09-07-2013 02:25 PM
On my Blackberry Curve 8520, it has started saying 'App Error 523 - Reset'. Everytime I reset my phone it ays the exact same thing! What's the easiest way to do it and the fastest? Please help fast, I have no spare phone and my phone obviously isn't working and I need it for school!
09-07-2013 02:48 PM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Do you have a backup of your device or using BlackBerry protect for backup of your device data ?
Try those steps , I hope it will help :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device. BlackBerry Software Download Site
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
KB24395 : "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry Smartphone
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader