Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

App Error 602

Just got a Blackberry Torch 9800 from the Storm 9530. First time I plug the torch to transfer my files, locks up. Then second time tells me there is a device software update. I do the update and now I am in a loop of re-booting and always says "App Error 602" and I can't do anything, it just reboots, again and again. Log File says "application registry.getorwaitfor (0x3826bb0c1bc02022) owner died Thread [Thread-514932736,5] and I have not been able to do anything either on my old phone storm or my new torch. I am very upset. Can anyone please help me?????

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Error 602

Welcome to the forums!

Very sorry to hear you're having issues with your devices.  Let's see what we can do to get you back up and running.

Maybe we can do a complete wipe of your Torch and start from scratch.  Please use the following instructions:

Download an app called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). You will use this to wipe the OS from your device.

Download the most current OS for your device, which you can get here.

Connect your device to your PC and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password. If you don't have one set for your device, just click OK.

Choose the option to Wipe Device. When completed, you will be left with a white screen and an app error 507, which means the wipe was successfull.

Disconnect your device.

On your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the file at the bottom called vendor.xml.

Connect your device.

In that same folder as above, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your OS.

Please post back and let us know how it goes or if you have further questions.

*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."