Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Error 603

Hi,

Like many people I have a BlackBerry Torch that constantly has Error 603.  Last weekend after a reset mine went into an infinite loop of reboots.  Removing the battery did not clear it.  I have re-installed the operating system and applications.  I still have the same problem.

I've seen lots of posts where people suggest a relationship between Error 603 and an application, but I have not been able to find anything from RIM that says what it means.  I do not use the email plugin that was mentioned earlier in this thread.  I did have Google talk configured, but have logged out.  I in the last week I have reinstalled  and had about 10 resets.  Every evening I connect to the desktop and install any available updates.  It seems that I may be in an infinite update loop also because I seem to have done it 3 times this week.  Then I have to reconfigure all my applications.

Does anybody have any information other than anecdotal observations?   Can anybody refer to an RIM document on this issue?  What is the best method to contact someone from RIM?

Thanks,

David

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Optus

Hi David,

I did everything from calling the service provider to trying to hard restart restore the OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software. None worked! At the end of the day I just gave up and sent it back for service. The provider was Optus and it took 6 weeks to get it sent to to the service centre and back to me.

It's so inconvenient but if it's still under warranty, probably that's the best last attempt you can do.

Sorry I can't help Smiley Sad

Cheers,

Andry

New Contributor

For what it's worth.  I have logged out of Google Talk and my Blackberry has not crashed since.  It's been about a week.  Previously it was crashing almost daily.

Cheers,

David

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

G'Day,

I think I'm sending mine back in tomorrow..... Did it clear up the problem for you?

TK

New Contributor

Hi TK,

I don't think this is a hardware issue.  In my case it appears to have been a software issue.  By disabling 1 application all my "App Error 603" have disappeared.  For me GoogleTalk was the issue.  I had not realized that the problem started the day I logged in.  Since I have logged out of GoogleTalk I have not had a single problem.  I suggest you look at all the applications you installed just prior to the first error and remove/disable them one at a time and see if it resolves the issue.

Cheers,

David

New Contributor

Hi

I have installed the latest GoogleTalk and have not had any issues. For me it appears that this issue has been resolved.

Cheers

David
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

I'd like to think it was that easy.....

It all started before an app was even insalled and I have never used google talk! It has been sent back, so  in about 3 years time, when I get it back, hopefully everything will work!

My Device: blackberry curve 8250
My Carrier: vodafone

I JUST BOUGH THE TORCH 9800 FROM A SHOP , IS IT LOGICAL ON THE FIRST START UP APPEARS ERROR 603 ? AND IS THIS OCCURED TO ALL THE TORCH MOBILE ? DOES  BB SERVICE FOUND THE PROBLEM AND HOW WE CAN AVOID FUTURE INCIDENTS ? 

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 98000
My Carrier: Fido

Hi

I installed the BBSAK application and I was able to wipe out all the data in my Torch 9800. Now I cannot connect the DM6 to my phone to load a new OS. Can someone tell me please what to do ? Thanks