Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Re: App Error 603

Yes I did but I'im not sure my solution will work for your phone as mine is not a 9800 one.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Optus

BBSAK doesn't detect the phone either...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried pulling the battery to see if you can get the phone to at least boot up?  With the phone ON, remove the battery, leave it out for a good five minutes, then reinsert the battery.  If it boots up, try connecting to BBSAK again and wiping the device.

Have you loaded a new theme or application on the device recently?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

that is what happened to my phone after I took the update for my BB.....I added a new application and that's when it went down hill. I found that some applications do not support the new updates as they haven't had time to get them up to par yet. Definately NOT adding any more!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

When you know what the application is, that's when BBSAK comes in very handy, if your device can be recognized.  You can use BBSAK to delete the specific .cod file associated with that application to bring your device back to life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 3 UK

Right,

I was getting App error 603 everytime  I needed to restart my phone.  I have found that it was the Gmail Plugin that was causing my problems as Hansdg suggested.

Without the gmail plugin my phone is working just fine and restarts without app error 603.  I have forwarded my gmail emails to another account to get round it.  RIM, if you are listening/reading can you look in to it? I cant believe I am the only one affected!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Claro

First of all, when I read it was a problem with GMAIL setted up on my own Torch, i didnt believe that. HOW CAN A OWN RIM PLUGIN AFFECT ITS OWN SYSTEM???? Sounds really noob and unacceptable, but...yes, i did it, removed my gmail account and then restart. Then just faced again an APP ERROR 603.

Wiped it (hopefully for the last time!!!) but, instead of restore my last backup (did minutes before reboot), i just config everything again, just avoiding that gmail. And, well, surprisingly, yes, It worked. 

Im dowloading everything and even when it doesnt need to be restarted, i do it (sure, making now a new backup before each one).

TY edcoleridge and Hansdg for ur advices and I hope and beg for an UPGRADE in the Torch system to ACCEPT GMAIL ACCOUNTS!!!!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 3 UK

It does seem strange that the Gmail plugin could cause this problem. I hope RIM are reading and sort out a fix ASAP.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I got the same problem when I got my 9780 bold with OS 6.0, and truly the app error 603 only occurs when your device is going to reboot. When that happens you have to follow these steps:

1. Install Desktop Manager 5.0 Int language

2. Go to my computer

3. find the folder is called Program Files (for 64 bit users its in the Program Files (x86) folder)

4. Go to common files and then go to Research In Motion

5. There is a folder named Apploader and open it

6. When you have open this folder you will see a lot of files, but u only need one that is "loader.exe" run this program

7. If "loader.exe" can detect your Blackberry can press next and next. It will show you a list of all applications that you have installed on your Blackberry. Press then next and the advanced button.

8. It will ask to make an auto back-up, do not make an auto back-up or else the problem will still occur.

9. After that the software will be reinstalled.

This problem will happen if you make a full back-up from your previous Blackberry with an OS of 5.0 or lower. So if you want to transfer your contacts or other things to your Torch or Bold 9780, I will advice you to make a back-up only of your contacts and messages. You can do that with Desktop Manager, do not press the button of back-up all, just remotely. Doing that you will not make a back-up of the setup of OS 5.0 or lower.

I hope this will help

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

I'm a first time BB user and possibly won't be for much longer!

I got my new torch a week or so ago, in the last 3 days it has crashed about 3 times, requiring the complete wipe only to have error 602 or 603 come up again - it is really starting to get on my nerves!

I haven't even linked my email to the phone yet, haven't got any apps and have no idea what I could have possibly installed or done to not allow the phone to function.

Sending it in for repair is a massive pain in the ...... Is there anything else I should be trying first. It already has OS 6, so I don't know where to turn

Help please!

TK