Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: More than one bb
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: App Error 606

I have this problem to but cant connect to the pc because the bb's screen is frozen and cant say sync or connect
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD
My Carrier: MTN

Prince suggested this option and it worked for my blackberry

If your device is not detected by BlackBerry desktop software please follow this KB to update your device software :

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

My Device: Bold - 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

On my Blackberry Bold 9780, its coming up with 'app error 606'.

I have tried connecting it to the laptop to reboot and update the OS. Its saying there is no update available.

As the phone is not on, the phone is having trouble connecting to the desktop software.

Is there any ways I can reboot the phone, or restore factory settings? I dont mind if the phone loses its data.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

jamescranston wrote : 

On my Blackberry Bold 9780, its coming up with 'app error 606'.

I have tried connecting it to the laptop to reboot and update the OS. Its saying there is no update available.

As the phone is not on, the phone is having trouble connecting to the desktop software.

Hi jamescranston

Welcome to Support Forums

Have you tried KB10144 ? If not than please try it and see if that helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN

hi on my curve 9300 it comes up with the same error "app error 606"

I have tried all the KB10144 steps and received an error message.i have tried connecting with and without a battery and i still have problem connecting to my desktop software..Please help
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T Mobile

I have the Error 606 problem and it started when I tried to update to the newer 6 OS. I have tried to update the OS time and time again and my Blackberry Desktop Manager reads my BBerry fine but when it almost finishes updating the newest OS, an error message poppes up on Desktop Manager and also Error 606 or Error 507 comes up on my Blackberry. When I plug it in it says that it doesnt have any OS on the device and asks me to update it. It is a neverending circle and this problem came from no fault of my own. I hope someone can help me. Thanks Alot.

Elite II

yaredaya wrote:

I have the Error 606 problem and it started when I tried to update to the newer 6 OS. I have tried to update the OS time and time again and my Blackberry Desktop Manager reads my BBerry fine but when it almost finishes updating the newest OS, an error message poppes up on Desktop Manager and also Error 606 or Error 507 comes up on my Blackberry. When I plug it in it says that it doesnt have any OS on the device and asks me to update it. It is a neverending circle and this problem came from no fault of my own. I hope someone can help me. Thanks Alot.

Hello yaredaya

If you are getting those error frequently, then I think you should try any third party software BBSAK or Jl_Cmder to completely wipe your device and use a fresh OS pack in your device , If you want to go ahead then try this :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2 .Double Click the file that you downloaded to Install it on your PC.

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Follow the Onscreen directions and Update will continue , after update you can restore your backup using Desktop Software.

Please try it and see if that helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T Mobile

GOD BLESS YOU! haha, that means that IT WORKED!
I cannot tell you how greatful I am. My blackberry has risen from the grave!

THIS WORKS!!!
BBSAK!!!
Elite II

Hi yaredaya

You are most welcome .. Glad to know that your device is working now  Smiley Happy

Cheers !

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi

HI,

I'm having the same problem and I had done all steps which you wrote on above. However its only update around half of it and I'm not sure why.Any advice on how to resolve this issue?. i have check all my connection and its nothing wrong.