Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9790
My Carrier: telus

App Lock application problem

i downloaded an app called APP LOCK from bb app world.   I paid for it in April.  It was functioning fine.  Until I started switching back and forth btwn CDMA and my HSPA BB.   Two weeks ago I switched to my hspa blackberry the app stopped functioning.  Saying my trial and expired so I tired putting in the code for the purchased app it didn't recognize it.  Then it sent me to a website to put my email in to show that I purchased the app.  When I put in my email it says it doesn't recognize it.  I have the original email about the purchase I've also emailed the apps support team a few teams to no avail I have a response.  I am frustrated because I paid for it and it doesn't work saying I need to buy it!  What do i do?  Do I get a refund this is an inconvenience to me because I can't use it and I paid for something that should work.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App Lock application problem

If you get nowhere with the app developer, you can request a refund from Telus.  They handle refunds for purchases made through App World.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

hi, how do i end up getting the refund from telus?  I bought the app through bb app world but it was done by paypal.    Can i still get a refund through telus?  thanks!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Part of the support agreement between Telus and RIM involves BlackBerry App World purchases.  Simply call Telus tech support and explain the problem.  They should be able to help you out from there.

I hope that clears things up.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi, I called TELUS the directed me to the blackberry.com/appworld/support and look for addition support... looked through the website to be able to post anything.. I'm thinking i've hit a dead end.  Because I don't want to call technical support and pay $50 for like a refund... but thank you.