Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App Question

I notice shortcuts to apps show up in my BB...Apps i didn't select or download...when i click on them it is usually not a few app and you have to agree to a trial.

what gives with this pushing of stupid apps? can i disable it?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App Question

Unfortunately, no.  These are service books sent to you by your service provider.  You can delete them, but they will reappear with a device reboot.

What I've done is created a "Junk" folder, move all the nasty little buggers into the Junk folder, then hide the Junk folder.  Problem solved.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

now that is genius...how do i create this folder?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Get into the "All" screen where all the application icons are showing.  Make sure you're hovering over one of the icons, then press the BB menu button.  You should see an option to "Add Folder".  Create your Junk folder here.  Then hover over any of the icons you want to move here, press the BB menu button and choose "Move to Folder", select Junk and there you have it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

this truly is genius. i also figured out that you have to go to one of your folders from the All menu to select it's content and send it to the junk folder i created.