08-24-2010 09:06 PM
App World 2.0 on an 8330 with 4.5....
1. Try to create BlackBerry ID, it locks up until you reset the phone. Had to create using computer.
2. Try to log into App World, takes forever and then says can't contact server, blames it on network connections, which are perfectly fine -- everything else works.
3. A couple of times it did log in. Purchased an app, but download failed with a useless error message, then app didn't even show as purchased even though account was deducted.
4. Had to keep messing with it to get it to show what I just purchased to try installing again. Had to log out, log back in, refresh list, reset phone, log back in, refresh list, before it showed anything.
5. It does not show any of the purchases made with previous versions of App World. Despite being logged in with the same Paypal address, and the billing set to Paypal with the same old address, App World 2.0 does not show any purchases except what was purchased in 2.0, so nothing purchased yesterday can be updated or re-installed.
6. After logging out and in yet again to try to see my apps, I now cannot log in at all. Wasted hours on it -- App World keeps hanging, crashing or resetting the phone over the simplest things.
There is no way they tested this on the 8330 with 4.5 before releasing it -- It Doesn't Work!
08-25-2010 01:23 AM
What version of 4.5 are you running? Look in Options >About on the 3rd line down.