09-06-2011 12:58 PM
I don't see a thread for this yet, the update just became available. Here's a thread for comments on the 3.0 update.
Things I've noticed (on Bold 9650):
1. Font size in descriptions is slightly too large, cutting off the last letter of lines,
2. Clicking on the developer's name does nothing,
3. Searching on a developer only shows 25 apps, but these are not the developer's top 25 apps; they seem to be random? This is hardly fair to developers, if we attract interest with something and customers want to see what else we have they should be able to see everything,
4. To scroll down reviews it was necessary to click, but that wasn't obvious at first,
5. It's laggy enough on the 9650 to be quite frustrating, mainly during and after loading more apps to list. App World 1.0 was really slow and 2.0 was much better, this seems like halfway between,
6. What does "Top Rated" mean? It's not by rating, there are low-rated apps there.
Thanks for the update. Just a few problems, the main request I have are:
#1 Show all of a developer's apps when they click on developer name,
#2 Show more than top 25 paid, free, etc. Something like Apple does with being able to select "More..." ad infinitum, 25 more at a time, would be nice.
09-06-2011 01:55 PM
All very good comments and questions.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
09-08-2011 02:01 PM
09-08-2011 04:01 PM
When you go into a category, such as Apps, why does it show "Apps" under every title instead of the vendor name? Just put where we are at the top, and it's good to know who's the publisher without having to click on each one.
I'm also finding it more difficult to use with a trackpad than 2.x. The trackpad already has the problem of often moving the focus when all you're trying to do is click, and I keep clicking on the wrong thing.
At least half the screen isn't covered with ads like Android Market.
09-08-2011 04:37 PM
The update is appalling, Slow and very frustrating.
Slow because it won't scroll smoothly. It just lurches from screen to screen and frustrating as when you go to a category that doesn't highlight so your not sure if it's working or without the screen sliding sideways to another list, you get the first 25 apps listed. When you get to the 25th app it then loads 25 more but takes you back to the first in the list. with over 100 apps in the Maps and navigation it take ages to scroll down to the end of the list.
Bring back the old one
09-09-2011 12:58 AM
Clicking More at the end of the list is the only good way to do it, anything else is just a pain. The other weird thing is that it makes it look like there are only, say, 25 items total. Then after a while it loads more and it shows 50 total, then 100, etc. But the user may already have said, "Oh, that's all there is, what a lame category" and have already left.
09-09-2011 01:06 AM
I cannot restore my archived items, and cannot archive new apps. Was this removed in App World 3? One thing that stayed, and many a user have a problem with is that you cannot delete the "deleted apps" in your list, so you have a "trashcan" with 1000's of deleted apps, and no way to get rid of it.,