Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 3G (9105)
My Carrier: TIM (Italy)

App World 3.1.1.21 does not work anymore + serious network troubles

Hello!

The version 3.1.1.21 for the BlackBerry App World is not working for my BlackBerry Pearl™ 3G 9105. The problem is that I cannnot fully access to the app, because it frozes! Furthermore (and consequently I think) my network does not work anymore. I mean that the browser web is ok (and I can surf, even if at low speed), but all the applications do not work properly. And even when I am trying to download the official app world (again) from the official site it won't work. To download 2MB it will take all night long! This is not possible. Another example: the maps are not working anymore and the roads appear after a long time. It is not a problem of the mobile carrier!!! What should I do? I am desperate because I cannot use my phone anymore! I also tried to return to the previous version of the app but the problem hasn't disappeared yet! 

I tried to re-install the software (v. 6.0.0.668) but had the same problem. Then tried again and deleted the file "Device" from C/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader (not the "vendor" file because it does not exist). But anything happened! Thought it would have re-installed the previous version of the App World but it did not! I am really desperate because I do not know what to do.

Can anyone help?

PD: Yes, I have tried to remove the battery.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105

Re: App World 3.1.1.21 does not work anymore + serious network troubles

There's a problem with this version of App World, BlackBerry® need to get a new version out. See all the other complaints on this subject.
--
Live to Dive ~ Simples!
Highlighted
My Device: 9100
My Carrier: tstt

this problem is really messing with my phone, i need to get it fixed

Contributor

Me too! I have so many problems.. All the apps do not work.. Even facebook app! I cannot post things anymore due to the connection which is so slow, even if everything's ok with my carrier! I do not know what to do anymore! Anyone can help? Thank you, it will be appreciated!
Contributor
My Device: playbook , pearl 9105
My Carrier: maxis

use desktop manager to delete it..and reinstall it again thru desktop manager. dont download thru your phone..or u will get the latest app world. it works for me
Contributor

How did you manage to install the app through desktop manager? I cannot do it! Smiley Sad Thanks!
Contributor
My Device: playbook , pearl 9105
My Carrier: maxis

1) connect your bb to pc

2) start the desktop manager

3) go to application

(this will take some time as desktop manager will read your phone for installed application

4) after the application is read.... u can see all aplication including laguages u installed on you bb

5) at the app world klick the "x" icon at the right side of the appliction list for app world

6) then click save... and let your desktop manager do his job... until the phone restarted.

7) now your phone is no more equipped with app world...

start back step 1-3

8) att the application world list... tick the (+) ... and save. desktop manager will automatically install the older version of app world.

*once u restart your bb, remember not to update your app wolrd. or it will freeze again .just ignore the app world update.

hope this will help u

Contributor

Hey, first of all thank you so much for your answer! But I have big problems! Everything's pretty clear, but when I click the "x" the removal is pending, and won't do anything.. Now I cancelled the app through the phone, but it is still on the Desktop Software! It's so weird! Plus.. Yesterday I tried to install the new version again, but the software tells I have the previous 3.1.0.60 (which is 2,2 MB > this is impossibile!). What the hell happened!? Smiley Sad
Contributor

PD: I clicked on "Apply" but the app won't be cancelled! Now I tried to re-install the new version, remove it, but nothing happened! It is still on the phone and on the Desktop Sfotware! This is so weird...
Contributor

Furthermore, the pone won't restart when I click on "Apply"......