02-21-2013 04:01 AM
I have a torch 9800.
Initially my app world app ver was 18.104.22.168 and in Jan it advised me to upgrade to 22.214.171.124. I have noticed that post upgrade, App World icon is not appearing in my application tray. Also, I am being prompted for upgrades of BB Travel and other applications already installed on my phone. When I choose to upgrade, nothing happens.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-21-2013 04:34 AM
If you are having issue with recent version of BlackBerry World then follow this Knowledge Base , specifically # Resolution 1 , download version 126.96.36.199 .
KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
Regarding BlackBerry Travel , which version currently you have, Can you reboot your device by removing the battery and then choose update , see if it allows.
02-21-2013 05:21 AM
You are most welcome. Nice to hear that it is working .. let us know how it goes.
02-21-2013 06:59 AM
Thanks for your help.
Just to help everyone, my Torch 9800 was facing below issues -
1. App World 220.127.116.11 - icon was not visible in my application tray and was also not launching via other prompts
2. Other application updates were not working as they would try to get updates via App World.
3. I started facing this issue sometime in Jan 2013 where there I received a prompt to update to a new version of App World. Post updates all issues started.
4. I have also noticed that while updating via App World website, I get two kinds of error - (a) Server is down or (b) the download option is not visible in the browser after I select the application I wish to download. I am facing this issue both from my laptop browser as well as my Torch 9800 browser.
Now to resolve issues 1,2 & 3, I followed what Price had suggested -
1. Uninstalled 18.104.22.168 and rebooted after taking out the battery cell
2. Used link - http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/en
My Appl World application is working fine now - I have been able to get updates for all other installed applications.
I still need to find out the cause of issue 4 - browser is not supporting download as 'download' option is not visible.
Look forward to helping other BB users and also to get helping hand with issue 4 described above.
02-21-2013 07:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your Solution
Regarding your query #4 If you start a new thread with all device details and errors we all can try to help .