Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App World Download

I recently received a notification for Blackberry AppWorld up date 1.1.0.19.  I downloaded the new application and it seems to be a European version.  All the pay amounts are in Euros and the Apps are somewhat different than what is shown on the Blackberry Apps web site.    I tried to delete and download again from Blackberry on my phone.  I am using a Blackberry Storm.   I am under the impression that this is some kind of error.   Anyone else experiencing this?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World Download

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

We are informed that RIM is aware of this issue and is working on it. In the meantime, There are a few workarounds you can try.

1) Log into MyWorld with your PayPal credentials...some have reported this to clear things up. Additionally, if you actually make a purchase attempt, it has been reported that the currency then shifts to match your PayPal currency.

2) Remove and re-install AppWorld.

3) If you are on VZW, then a work around is to remove your SIM from your BB. On VZW, the SIM is not needed for anything; I've been running without mine for months just fine.

4) If you are not on VZW yet are on another CDMA carrier, you can try removing the SIM as well...but I am not positive that works OK with all other CDMA carriers. If you are not on a CDMA carrier, then we presently have no workaround for you.

5) If these remedies don't work and/or you are on any carrier other than VZW, please post and identify your carrier so that RIM can more fully research the issue.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................