Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

App World Error 40017 when trying to purchase apps

Hi everyone, 

Whenever i try to purchase something in App World i get the Error-id 40017 

What's this all about. 

I've spent alot of cash on my Blackberry and would like to be able to make use of everything that is offered, including the paid apps in App World. 

My provider says they cannot help me with this, so here i am. 

I'm a pre-paid user and have been told that any purchase would be deducted from my current credit. 

I haven't been able to purchase anything yet, although it's costing me alot of money trying to contact either my provider or blackberry support as there is none. 

Is anyone having the same problem? 

Is there anyone from Blackberry Support willing to help me out with this, since i already have the free stuff i wanted, not being able to purchase apps makes it uninteresting for me. 

Also i'd like to see an easier way to get support for blackberry smartphones, instead of just the selfhelp sections. 

Sometimes people need live support for their problems. 

For Playbook and Enterprise services there are phonenumbers so why not for smartphones and app world? 

People keep telling me to jailbreak the **bleep** thing, but i'm not familiar with that. I'd rather find a sollution the easy/normal way. 

Kind regards, 

YB

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World Error 40017 when trying to purchase apps

YardBully wrote:

Whenever i try to purchase something in App World i get the Error-id 40017 

What's this all about.

Probably related to this: Error Id: 40011 while attempting to make a purchase from BlackBerry App World

YardBully wrote:

People keep telling me to jailbreak the **bleep** thing, but i'm not familiar with that. I'd rather find a sollution the easy/normal way.

There is no such term as "jailbreak" with BlackBerrys. Jailbreak is term the kiddies use with Apple products.

What you might want to do is to simply "unlock" your 9860 for use on other carriers, should ever choose to use this same 9860 on a mobile provider other than Tmobile. See my link below on details on unlocking.

YardBully wrote:

Also i'd like to see an easier way to get support for blackberry smartphones, instead of just the selfhelp sections. 

Sometimes people need live support for their problems. 

For Playbook and Enterprise services there are phonenumbers so why not for smartphones and app world? 

If Tmobile is your contracted carrier, you are currently paying TMobile for live telephone technical support.

If you're a pre-paid customer, you should get the same support, and if Tmobile says they cannot help you, that normally means you've gotten someone on the phone who has no idea what they're saying. Ask for a supervisor. Any issue which Tmobile cannot resolve, they should escalate up to BlackBerry technical support.

good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code