Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: App World Java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error

Don't jump ship on your BB or abandon RIM yet! I had the same problem for the past week (since upgrading to 3.1.0.56; the version I downloaded today is 3.1.0.58!). I tried a couple of deletes, reinstalls, changing App World permissions to "allow all", etc. but still the same error message when I tried to open App World. It looks like there is now be a new version with a fix (or else I fixed something I wasn't aware of). Anyway, from trial and error and checking out unofficial support forms, I recommend doing the following.

1. Home screen
  2. Options
  3. Applications (you may have to click on Advanced then Applications?)
  4. Add-ons
  5. Scroll to Blackberry App. World
  6. Delete
  7. Reboot/restart - yes

Go to Blackberry Mobile site and reinstall Blackberry App. World. Good luck and I hope this helps. Keep us all posted on how it goes - successful or other.

I love my Bold 9700 and I like RIM's no frill's approach, but I think it would be VERY mutually beneficial for RIM to send emails, texts, BB Messenger, etc. to its users when major bugs are discovered and/or fixes like this are available as a lot of folks are referring to jumping ship to other phones. More proactive and open communication from RIM would compliment your great devices! Respectfully, "windk"

New Contributor
My Device: Black!erry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Pedro Koptcke Daudt de Lima Brandao

I'm thinking about changing to IPhone!
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry storm 9500
My Carrier: vip

same here...

it might be a server's fault?

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel

Same problem with my bb curve 8520 when I downloaded the new version (3.1.0.85) it says error starting null:null
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

How much time it will take for support team to resolve this pending issue. I request the support team to please treat at priority.