Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

App World Missing BB Bold 9650 OS 6

I downloaded the OS 6 software a couple months ago unaware that it would completely change the entire way my BlackBerry functioned.

Not only are the menu's harder to navigate in my opinion, but the phone is much slower, and I've had trouble finding a couple icons. One that has given me the hardest time is the App World. Going into application settings, it lists App World as being installed, but it is missing when I go to my home screen. I've selected the show all feature incase it had been hidden accidentally as well as checked in all the folders but it is no where to be found.

I proceeded to go to the BlackBerry website and re-download the application, but that hasn't worked either. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do next? I can't even find a link to contact BlackBerry directly about the issue unless I pay a fee.

Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: sprint

Re: App World Missing BB Bold 9650 OS 6

whats up slemire,i had the same issue when i upgraded 2 os6 some of my programs were there but not there!app world was one of them,u said u tried going to app world but had no luck,try going to it using your comp.with the phone hooked to it,thats how i got mine back on point,  the issue of ur phone being slower,os6 takes up a big chunk of memory,if u have alot of stuff(pics,videos,music,etc)u might need to dump some of it,i know it's foul but it will free up some space,another thing u could do to help it is to do a battery pull,if u haven't already! hope this helps!!