Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

App World Over Wifi

Hi,

I have a BB Curve 9300 (OS-5).

I am unable to use App World Over Wi-Fi. It is prompting to turn on cellular data. 

I want all app downloads over Wi-Fi bypassing cellular data. 

Please help.

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World Over Wifi

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

AppWorld will indeed download apps via WiFi if BIS is fully connected via WiFi. But, AppWorld still requires the mobile network to be active so that it can tell where you are (country) and on what mobile service provider you are on...so that it can present to you only those apps to which you are eligible.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Thanks buddy.

Also, I configured my e-mail. Does that mean I have configured via Blackberry Exchange Server?

I haven't opted for any blackberry services from my cellular data provider. I just inserted the SIM in BB and configured e-mail.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

nairbalu wrote:

Also, I configured my e-mail. Does that mean I have configured via Blackberry Exchange Server?

I don't know...I don't know what you selected when you configured your email. If it offered you personal or enterprise, and you selected personal, then that's not BES. If you selected Enterprise and had your activation credentials from your BES admin, then it's BES.

nairbalu wrote:

I haven't opted for any blackberry services from my cellular data provider. I just inserted the SIM in BB and configured e-mail.

Hmmm...then you may have a problem. To even get the "personal" email selection, you must subscribe to a proper data plan from your mobile network provider.

So, all in all, I cannot tell what your configuration is from what you've so far described.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

I just went to settings->Manage Internet Email > then added my corporate and Gmail accounts. Thats all I did!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Then I'm not at all sure how you did that, given what you said about not having subscribed to any BB services. That should not work unless you have subscribed properly.

Then again, some BIS services will cross over carriers. If this BB was not brand new, then the prior owner perhaps had BIS services and those are still working on a different carrier (crossing over from your carrier). If that's the case, you can pretty much bet that at some point that other carrier will notice and shut it down.

Again, I've no idea of all of your details, so I can only guess and give you possibilities. The realities will depend on your details.

Good luck!