Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World Problems!

The app world seems to work fine except for the games.  According to app world, there are 119 games available, yet when I select that category only one game shows up.  Other categories load all apps.  Anybody else with this problem?
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

[ Edited ]

Yes liquid I have had the same issue, I show 119 games available but only 1 game shows up. I just havent had time to figure out where I complain about it. 

App World is very nice otherwise, besides no games showing up yet, which is really what I was looking for of course.

Worked fine first install on my Storm, no issues, maybe a bit slow, but this could be a OS issue. With time I see this being competitive with iTunes apps.

I use PayPal all the time but it would be nice if there was a choice as to how we would like to pay for it (credit card, etc).  

My 2 cents as to my initial reaction to App World... 

Message Edited by califjewls on 04-02-2009 12:19 AM

[ Edited ]

I'm using a curve 8900 and only see the southpark game. I downloaded and installed 'Brain Challenge 2' from the featured items, but it wasn't even listed in the games section.

Anyone with a curve able to see more than the southpark game in the games section? I would really like to install & play a bunch of free games. Smiley Happy

Please help Blackberry Support! Smiley Happy

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message Edited by bbcurveuser55 on 04-02-2009 10:23 AM
New Contributor

If you don't see the games on your Storm, uninstall Appworld, it will then ask you to restart your phone.  Restart your phone and then re-download Appworld.  It just worked for me.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Good news everyone, the initial problem with downloading and installing the BlackBerry App World on Vodafone Storms has now been resolved.  Deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling it should now take care of this! Smiley Happy

Check this link for more detail: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22007

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]
Krypto's right! A new build was released (1.0.0.27) which takes care of the problem with Vodafone users.
Message Edited by CerealBypass on 04-03-2009 09:31 AM

Ah, Good Times. Sorry for no reply's not been at the PC for a day or 2.

But anyway .. come back to find this out.. NICEEE

just gonna install it again now.. thanks alot !

Highlighted

I am having the same problem.  First I downloaded the app world and it worked, then I tried to go back into it and I got the "upgrade you service to...." message.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but now I only get this message.

Any ideas?