Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App World Purchase Problem

I have been having a problem with an app that I purchased through App World, and have been unable to find a solution anywhere. I bought an app, and got an error saying Purchase Could Not Be Completed. I tried to redo it, but it said I already purchased the app. I cannot download it from App World. It was listed in My World, but it had a message saying Purchase Error. I was then charged for the app that I cannot download. I updated App World to .27 when it came out, and the app I got charged for was no longer listed in My World.

I sent an email to appworldbillinginfo@blackberry.com but never heard anything back. I was pointed to a page on the Blackberry website with a form to send them an email, and it asked for my Blackberry PIN. I entered it, then I got an error saying Invalid PIN. Seems like no matter what I try, I just run into more problems.

Where should I go from here? At first all I wanted was the app that I paid for, but now it has got me so frustrated I just want my money back. Who do I try to contact? Is there a direct email address I can get to send an email to RIM instead of dealing with all of these forms that I just get another error from?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: App World Purchase Problem

Not sure I've got the solution to your problem, but just wanted to let you know that you've got company. I had the same thing happen as well. I think the most infuriating thing is the e-mail form that says we're using an invalid PINs. What kind of technology are we dealing with?

I encountered my initial problem while using version .26. I attempted to reinstall App World, version .27 was available at that point, and then the purchased app never reappeared in the My World menu option. Free apps that I have downloaded still show up just fine, however. I sent an e-mail to storefrontmanager@rim.com and I was told a new AW client is coming that will remedy the 'Purchased but Missing' applications in My World. Yesterday, I upgraded to version .28 and still had no luck. I suppose I have enough patience to give them a couple more days, but I'm about ready to chalk it up to a $2.99 mistake and make sure to never pay for an app from AW again.