Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

I believed I am currently subscribed to Blackberry service w/ my provider. I've been using AppWorld before. it just happened after the AppWorld update.

CJD
Contributor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

Yes me too.

Getting mighty sick of waiting for a response on this too. Obviously a problem with the updated AppWorld. Just ditch & give us back the older version until you sort it out - is anyone at RIM listening???

I only discovered this problem when I purchased an app using my desktop only to find it hadn't dowloaded on my handset.

Still no app, still have a plugin error & out of pocket!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

CJD wrote:

is anyone at RIM listening???

hello CJD,

this forum is a community forum. The contributors here are BlackBerry owners, who spend part of their free time helping other people. No RIM employee will see your message (apart maybe forum moderators).

if you wish to have direct contact with RIM people, you can tweet them.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
CJD
Contributor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

Knuckles wrapped! job done.

Contributor
My Device: BB8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Dr_Palto

I am having the same problem. See mukuro15 for an image of the error. The only difference with me is that I have a BB8530 and have not tried Firefox. My Blackberry Desktop Software has no problem locating my device.

I would also like to point out that AppWorld 1 did not need a WiFi connection. Why are 2 and 3 different? If AppWorld had not been changed I could use my Blackberry to download applications.

It is obvious that this is a serious problem an needs to be resolved.

Gary Bouskill

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

I too have the same problem, though i have installed the plugin.

Pls can someone help???

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Chungwhua Telecom

same problem herer... right after upgrading website app, restart mobile system, this error happended. It worked perfectly before the uprade.

My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: Telefonica O2

I was also receiving this error and was able to resolve (for a BBerry Curve 8300)  Try changing the Browser Type on your Blackberry. This may be done under Options - Advanced Options - Browser. 

My Default MDS Browser Configuration had originally been set to "internet Browser" By changing to the option of Blackberry Browser, I was able to download successfully and no longer received the plugin error.  Both my default and MDS browser are set to Blackberry Browser.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Chungwhua Telecom

Thanks. but I couldn't find such browser option on my OS6 device.
Option - Device - Advanced system settings - Browser push, but all process MDS, MDS host, SMSC,IP are set to "allow all" or "auto". MDS push enabled.

I do recall that I installed Opera Mini 6.5 before the error. Does it relate to this issue?
Contributor
My Device: BB8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

We seem  to be discussing two different problems here. One is with the App World application on the BB and the other with App World connecting to the device through the PC.

To use App World from my BB I need to have a Wi Fi connection which I can't get at home as I live just outside of Saskatoon. If I drive into Saskatoon to an area where I can access a free Wi Fi connection I can download applications, If I try to download using my PC the server does not recognize that my device is connected and gives me the plugin error. BB Desktop Software recognizes the connection, therefore the server should too. The two different connections, BB and PC, are supposed to be independent of each other. The PC option is to allow people that have no Wi Fi connection to download.The only browser that shoul be involved is the one installed on the PC.

It seems the browsers for the BB are dependent on the ISP you have. With Virgin Mobile the choices are, hotspot browser or VirginMobileLive. The hotspot browser maybe the BB one.

Gary