Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

same problem with my bold 9780 just happened after the AppWorld update too!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: App World Web Plugin Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

Hi guys I have solved my problem with this. I have to confirm my BlackBerry ID email address and it work! Hope this infomation be useful for all of you!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Some Good News and some Screwed up ones.

Doblivion wrote:

So if you have a blackberry and your only option is to install apps from the computer, then you just won't install apps, period.

hello,

I can understand your frustration, but there is hope !

• The AppWorld application receives frequent updates. So maybe an upcoming update will solve your issue. For example the December one.
  • On a BlackBerry smartphone, you can install thousands of application, and it is fine because there are many shops available to you: MobiHand of course, but also Handango and BPlay. The youngest store is AppWorld. AppWorld is a better shop than it was 2 years ago, but many BlackBerry enthusiasts prefer the established shops I cite. So apart from apps developed by RIM, all apps are available both at AppWorld and at MobiHand. And MobiHand does allow application installation through the Desktop Manager.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 07879089629

Re: Some Good News and some Screwed up ones.

Even Im facing the same problem since last 2 months . I tried to update my phone, reinstall app world in my phone, updated my browser and even tried reinstalling browser nothing helped me. this thing is really annoying and cant believe there is no solution till now . looking forward to have a solution fast 

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: Orange

Re: App World Web Plugging Error: An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Client.

Black Berry Company is going down...A lot of restrictions with their devices.. A lot of troubles and errors!  I bet it is much faster to get another cellphone instead of BB than to expect a solution from Blackberry ! i just say !

i'll be back !
My Device: BB storm 2 9520
My Carrier: O2

After I read all post in this topic I didnt find any full solution so I post it now, this works for me(BB Storm 2 9520):

disconnect phone if its connected

reinstall appworld plugin for your browser

restart pc, for sure that no bb app isnt running,
Uninstall AppWorld in BB, and install old version, I think its 2.x

connect bb phone

login on https://appworld.blackberry.com  page

continue with downloading apps to the phone.

few info: phone isnt registered with ID on bb servers, be sure, that you will not install new version (3.x) of appworld to the phone, while they solve problem with this.