Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

App World Web Plugin Error - Revisited

I've been throught the many threads on this error, and have yet to find the solution.  I'm sure it must exist by now.  I have a Blackberry 9900 and it doesn't have a data package.  I'm trying to download some apps from the app store, but get the infamous "App World Web Plugin Error".  I'm not able to get past it by using IE, updating my browser, removing content protection, nor any of the other suggestions in other threads.

One thread had the following advise:

All you have to do is access App World Application installed in your cellphone via over the air(OTA). You will require a data plan to do so. If you don't have a data plan then you have to manually enter APN address for your network in the link given below by follwing given steps:

OS 5 users:

Options---Adnavced Options---TCP/IP

Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enable

OS 6 & 7 users:

Options---Device---Advanced System Settings---TCP IP
Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enabled

However, I'm not able to apply this advise.  I don't know how to find my APN settings.  It sounds like the settings are for a data package, which I don't have.  But I think I'm supposed to be able to use apps regardless.  Does anyone know how this works?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: App World Web Plugin Error - Revisited

Is this not a solved issue?  Anyone know where the solution is?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello mikekehrli,

The following article may help regarding the "App World Web Plugin Error" you are receiving when attempting to access the BlackBerry App World™ storefront from your computer to load applications on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone:

How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a computer system - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28715

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Actually, it doesn't.  My BB doesn't have a data plan.  This process doesn't work when you don't have a data plan, apparently.

I'm actually pretty good with tech stuff and computers, but have been completely stumped as to how to get this phone to connect to my pc.