Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World Web Plugin Error plsss help

you can't down grade....once you do and go on to blackberry app world it forces you to upgrade once again to the 3.0 version which contains the bug!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

that doesnt work either btw...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

How does one get the APN address? I don't have a data plan on this phone. Isn't the APN for a data plan? If not, how does one find this information - and what OTA service will be used if there is no data plan?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Actually, I thought the quote I was talking about would be included in my post above.  Here it is:

All you have to do is access App World Application installed in your cellphone via over the air(OTA). You will require a data plan to do so. If you don't have a data plan then you have to manually enter APN address for your network in the link given below by follwing given steps:

OS 5 users:

Options---Adnavced Options---TCP/IP

Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enable

OS 6 & 7 users:

Options---Device---Advanced System Settings---TCP IP
Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enabled

So, to repose my question from above:  How does one find the APN settings for his phone?  I don't have a data plan, but apparently I'm able to run App World over the air without one.  I just want to get App World working so I can buy and use some apps.