Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch9800
My Carrier: PCTelecom
Accepted Solution

App World - Wirelessly

Is it possible to configure the Torch to access App World wirelessly?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: App World - Wirelessly

Hiya!
Can you be a little more specific?
I have App world on my device and I can access it without any wires... so ya, could you elaborate please?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Good answer, Raelic!  Smiley Wink

@wuffy, if you're referring to accessing it via Wi-Fi without having your network connection on, then no you can't; your network connection must be active to access it.

If that's not what you meant, I apologize.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Veteran I

well that makes more sense... my over-tired, under-caffeinated brain lacked the capacity to use reason...

in other words "I cant brain today, I have the dumb"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@raelic : need a "wire" ? Smiley Very Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I apologize for being so vague. 

Yes, I am trying to connect via wi-fi without my network connection. 

I really hope that Blackberry can change this. 

I thought that I would be able to access app world via wi-fi at home rather than using up my network megabytes.

Thanks for your help.

Wuffy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

as far as I know, if the Wifi logo is full white, then even if you are connected to the network, all the data packets (as opposed to voice packets) go through the Wifi network and not the cellular one. Which is exactly what you want.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I have tried leaving on the wi-fi and turning off the network connections.  When I try to open App World, I receive "The data service is not operational" as an error message.

Perhaps, there is another way to access App World via wi-fi.

Thanks

Wuffy

Forums Veteran I

you can access it using wifi data, but you must leave your network connection ON, otherwise it cannot verify your BIS connection status.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Raelic wrote:
you can access it using wifi data, but you must leave your network connection ON, otherwise it cannot verify your BIS connection status.

I was under the impression that all data from AppWorld could only travel over network connection due to the billing arrangements or something like that.  I know it has something to do with billing security.  I know at one time the older versions of AppWorld could be accessed through Wi-Fi exclusively but this is no longer the case.

As always, I stand to be corrected and would appreciate any information on this from anybody.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.