Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

App World and Curve 8520

Anybody able to enlighten me as to why I cannot install Application World on my 8520? I get a message that it is not compatible!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World and Curve 8520

AppWorld does have certain requirements, including your country of service, and that you have the BlackBerry Data Plan on your mobile provider account. Do you?

System Requirements

To ensure that your BlackBerry® smartphone will support BlackBerry App World™, it must have the following system requirements:

1. BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.2 or higher
  2. BlackBerry smartphones with trackballs or SurePress™ touch screen
  3. To use BlackBerry App World, you require a service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry® Browser

How to check your operating system from your BlackBerry smartphone:

1. Click "Options" from your BlackBerry smartphone
  2. Select “About”, then click. Your BlackBerry smartphone operating system information will be displayed
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I am also having the same problem with 8520, i dont have a data plan but was trying to download it using WIFI, R we saying we cannot download it using WIFI???

[ Edited ]

hello

i have all the requirements met, and i still cant download app world. this is really weird that my phone does not support it, its a new phone. pls help me

Blackberry 8520 smartphone v4.6.1.286 (Platform 4.2.0.122)

I have purchased my data plan from my carrier, MTN in Cyprus. I have registered, and they sent me entries in the host routing table, i can browse fine with the internet explorer.

it says that my device is not supported.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I advise contacting your carrier to be sure that it is even available to you via their network. They must participate in it and it must be available to them for participation. If either of those are not met, then you have no access since it must come through your carrier network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor

Hi..please help..i just bought a bb 8520, and having the same problems also with downloading the blackberry appworld.. I'm currently in Saudi Arabia, i checked and found out that app world is only available to certain countries..is that the reason why i cant download it? or do i have to purchase an appworld first? but how can i purchase it if i cannot even download it to my bb...please help..thanks..

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

separamaj_aba21 wrote:

Hi..please help..i just bought a bb 8520, and having the same problems also with downloading the blackberry appworld.. I'm currently in Saudi Arabia, i checked and found out that app world is only available to certain countries..is that the reason why i cant download it? or do i have to purchase an appworld first? but how can i purchase it if i cannot even download it to my bb...please help..thanks..

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please follow all advice provided in the posts above...report back with results and then perhaps we can guide you better.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Im in the UK and using T-Mobile and i've been told by blackberry customer support that t-mobile does support the app world as she has it herself.

I have v4.6 and i bought the phone a few days ago.

I really have no clue as to why this is happening.

Looking forward to your help .

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

alexkeynes wrote:

Im in the UK and using T-Mobile and i've been told by blackberry customer support that t-mobile does support the app world as she has it herself.

I have v4.6 and i bought the phone a few days ago.

I really have no clue as to why this is happening.

I don't have a clue either. Can you detail what is happening exactly ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

i have the same problems with downloading appworld onto my blackberry curve 8520, if i try to download it from the browser on my BB it sais i have not the system requirements but i do, having v4.6.1.286 (platform 4.2.0.122), trackpad, im living in Belgium and using mobistar, please help me...

thanks,