Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: STC

App World and Other Application can't use over 3G only in Wi-Fi

Unit: BB Torch 9860

Network Provider: Prepaid STC (Saudi Telecom)

(1 month subscription for 79 SR - Data Usage per Month=1000 MB free)

Here's what they offer: 

• chatting and emails are free
  • Browse and read emails at any time, from anywhere, whether is the Kingdom or while roaming.
  • Identify more than one email account to use, and up to 10 accounts on one device
  • Browsse the internet on the move on your Blackberry.
  • Instang messaging through Blackberry Messenger to all Blackberry users
  • Watch attachments without the need to download them and save on your data consumption
  • Blackberry has many applications like the basic Office package, Facebook  application, Twitter, and many other applications.

http://www.stc.com.sa/cws/portal/en/individual/ind-aljawal/ind-alj-start/ind-alj-str-jawwaldevices/i...

The problem is why App World and Other Application can't use over 3G with blackberry logo beside? The notification when I open the App World is " You are currently on a service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application. If you want to use this application outside of Wi-Fi, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan."

And then i call the service provider about this, they ask me to go Options>Device>Advance System Settings>TCP IP

Tick the APN Settings Enabled, and type in "jawalnet.com.sa" on APN. Reboot the device, wait for 5 minutes then turn the device. But nothing happen, still the same problem. Again I call, to ask what application is covered by their package, they said that Facebook apps and Twitter are not yet available for my device.

How come that App World also? 

Here also another scenario, when i turn off the Mobile Network and turn it on again, when the device is searching network signal, when 3G (without blackberry logo)signal appear, i can open the App World and download application.

when i close the App World application, and try to open again with 3G(with the blackberry logo) signal, notification appears: " You are currently on a service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application. If you want to use this application outside of Wi-Fi, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan."

Please help...Is this network problem or my device has problem...or I'am the problem?

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: mobily

Re: App World and Other Application can't use over 3G only in Wi-Fi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I am using mobily connection and i happen to hear that RIM has blocked such apps for BIS. It will work on BES.

Also can you please let me know whether you are able to receive emails as HTML? Can you please check it as follows:

" Open the message folder -> click on the blackberry button ->scroll down and select options -> Email Preferences "

In this can you see an option to "Enable HTML Email" ???  Please check and confirm.

Are you able to use Twitter and Facebook app on you BB with the subscribed package or are you getting the same error message that appears while opening App World when you use twitter or facebook?

Rgards,

MSY

Contributor

I cannot access those application...via wifi only...I don't know why they block the apps here in saudi, but in android and iphone its ok...its sad cause you can't maximize the use of your phone..
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9860
My Carrier: mobily

You are rite. It is a pitty that RIM is doing this. Are you able to see HTML option in your email preference as i asked earlier? With mobily its a big NO.

Regards,

MSY

Contributor

There is no html option...its not the RIM, the network provider I don't know why they blocked..

They don't like facebook and twitter...hahaha