Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Vodafone nl

Re: App World does not open

My problem is back... Hmmm...
Contributor
My Device: 9300 3g
My Carrier: Globe

I have the same issue, nothing happens when I click the appworld icon, Ive deleted the appworld in the apps management, reboot my device and install it again. And still won't work. Pls help. I recently updated my 9300 from OS5 to OS6.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

yhayen03 wrote:
I have the same issue, nothing happens when I click the appworld icon, Ive deleted the appworld in the apps management, reboot my device and install it again. And still won't work. Pls help. I recently updated my 9300 from OS5 to OS6.

Hello yhayen03

If even after reinstalling BlackBerry World you are unable to access it then you can try  BlackBerry World version 4.0.0.55 which is the best Workaround now available for BlackBerry  World if your device is running on OS6, but first uninstall any existing version of BlackBerry World  from your device , from  Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry  World , then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On..

After device reboots from your BlackBerry Browser browse to or click here  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . In addition check this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

After I deleted the appworld in the apps management it automatically asks to restart the device w/c I did. And now, my appworld is already working! Thank you!
But what if it asks to update my appworld to the latest version? Should i do that?
Elite II

Hi yhayen03

Currently I suggest ignore this Update notification until a newer version comes up with all such fixes. Or if you wish to  update and the same issue arise then you can always reinstall this version of BlackBerry World.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

better not take the risk, than having the same issues again.

Thanks again, you're a big help! Smiley Happy
Elite II

Hey yhayen03

You are most welcome....

And yes sticking with this version will be a good idea as this version also offer almost same features as the recent one Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: setar nv

Hi, I downloaded the app world but it was not working, I deleted it from app mngt rebooted the phone and downloaded it again on the bb page. But it still does not work. The icon is visible and I tried to download ex. Picmix to see if the app world open but it just loads to a blank page. Please I need your assistance forr this to work. Thank you
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: setar nv

I tried all of the above and it still does not work please help!
Elite II

annieq wrote:
Hi, I downloaded the app world but it was not working, I deleted it from app mngt rebooted the phone and downloaded it again on the bb page. But it still does not work. The icon is visible and I tried to download ex. Picmix to see if the app world open but it just loads to a blank page. Please I need your assistance forr this to work. Thank you

Hi annieq

Welcome to Support Forums

Which version of BlackBerry World you have currently on your device also can you confirm if you are unable to Open BlackBerry World or Unable to download anything .

Let us know.