Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World download stuck for days

It's obviously not solved.

We are being ignored.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

SeanThemac wrote:

It's obviously not solved.

We are being ignored.

Well, I wouldn't quite put it that way. "Solved" on a thread means that the OP's issue is resolved...anyone else who jumped on the same thread is, well, there is a term for it...

RIM is working it -- I know this for a hard fact. They are also working on a number of issues, and I've no idea the quantity of user base affected by each issue. But I do know that they are working on it. Witness a separate thead (here somewhere) initiated by a RIM person soliciting specific information from users with AppWorld issues...I would say that such a thread negates "being ignored"...

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I feel better knowing that other people have tried all the same things and it hasn't worked for them.  And I also feel like the BBAW ignores us.  I got the same stupid email letting me know they would not help me and to check this site.  Not to mention it is ridiculously hard to navigate and sign up for the site.  I've signed up 3 times before I could get to here.

So, anytime someone knows this is resolved, please post it.  In the meantime, i've taken BBAW off my  BB.  It does no good stuck like that. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000

I registered today just because of this problem. This is an extremely annoying problem and I couldn't solve this for days! I've done everything from battery pulls to reinstalling the AppWorld. I am thinking about reloading OS to see if it temporarily solves the problem but we all know that's not a permanent solution. They better fix up this App soon, or I won't be using it permanently.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Well, I am glad to know that I am not the only one that would like to nuke AppWorld for all the problems it has caused and is causing. Of course, I'm sorry we are all going through this at all. If I had known it would be so much trouble, I would have never used it to buy any software.

My most recent issue is with trying to complete a purchase. After downloading and installing the trial of Student Docket, I decided I wanted to purchase a license. I went into AppWord and clicked to Buy. Everything went smoothly, even giving me a license key, BUT now AppWorld is stuck on the message "Completing purchase" and just stays there. I cannot do anything with the application through AppWorld. 

I'm near throwing my BB against the wall. I am going to try to recover all my license keys and get rid of AppWorld once and for all if Blackberry doesn't fix these problems PRONTO! Since this application has rolled out, it has been a royal PITA.

Oh, and when I try to open a support ticket on the BB website, it tells me that my PIN is not valid. Say whaaaat?

Message Edited by RAlfieri on 09-14-2009 02:34 PM
Rob Alfieri
Senior IT Consultant
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

RAlfieri wrote:

Oh, and when I try to open a support ticket on the BB website, it tells me that my PIN is not valid. Say whaaaat?

Message Edited by RAlfieri on 09-14-2009 02:34 PM

Hello -- this is indeed a known issue...with a separate resolution path. Please see your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with confidential instructions for proceeding with that.

Good luck and let us know.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

So is the help for RAlfieri only re: the PIN?  Is there a way to be informed when the downloading problem is corrected? 
Hall of Famer III

CaliforniaCbeee wrote:
So is the help for RAlfieri only re: the PIN?  Is there a way to be informed when the downloading problem is corrected? 

To answer your first question, yes...the PM provided instructions concerning how to get the users PIN recognized on the BB support site form. As to the second question, we don't have any update from RIM at this point. But, trust me, once the problem is corrected, it will be hot news here in these forums I am sure...

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry about that guys.  I forgot to unmark the .15 as the accepted solution.  (Unchecked the Solution)  I've been able to recreate the issue by attempting to archive an app that isn't archivable.  I've since strayed from 4.7 os and have been using 5.0 os's.  BBAW is not available for OS's 5.0+ and since its still borked, I didn't care.  I'm not using BBAW until this issue is resolved.  Problem still exists obviously for multiple users and the only fix is to not use appworld at all.  Thank goodness I've been able to update my BBAW purchased apps with the crackberrys app store.

I've read in other sources that say typing 34 in the landscape keyboard from within BBAW on storms clears the cache ... BBAW isnt available on 5.0's so i havent had the chance to try it yet.

Message Edited by zeiroe on 09-14-2009 09:53 PM
New Contributor

This kind of service is unacceptable

Well, I will see if I can get it to work on a new 8900 series.  I had an 8310 with an older OS (they have stopped updates for it).  It turned off, won't turn back on, and if I plug it into charger, red light flickers for a second, then goes out.

I took it to my phone to my provider and they started the RMA process.  VERY rude tech support as I sat there watching the chat.  Without even knowing the problem, I have a week left on my one year hardware warranty, and RIM person just said, "Well, it's too close to the end of the warranty to fix or replace."   The service person just looked at me and said, "What it God's name are they talking about?"  He wrote back that I WAS under warranty, and didn't know what kinda junk they were spewing."  He told them the problem, told them there was no physical damage, water damage, not even a scratch on the phone, and they tried their own battery and charger with no luck.  He explained that I was a pro-user who babied the phone, had lots of accessories, cases and holders to protect it.  That's right, I've had it 51 weeks, and not a single scratch on it.

RIM told him, "Well, that's not a manufacturer's defect.  You'll have to speak with my manager, I can't authorize this."  They must be psychic, ya know.

My service person was getting angry enough for the both of us at that point. Asks for the manager's email.  The RIM rep gets all snotty, tells him the name and "you can look it up yourself."

Now I don't know if BBAW problem was related with my phone deciding to die for no reason, or vice versa, but if this is how RIM does business, I may very well be looking at a Palm Pre.  How in the world are you going to say a warranty is invalid because "it's too close to the end" and that it's not a defect without even looking at it?

Now I can either pay $150 for the insurance deductable to buy a phone they no longer support with updates OR $200 to upgrade to an 8900.  Thank God I'm with an awesome provider, Centennial Wireless.  Their service people are awesome and are always looking out for the customer's best interests, not just how to make a quick buck.

I cannot say the same for this RIM service person.   Very unprofessional, rude, and unacceptable to not review a valid warranty claim.  I WILL be contacting the BBB.  The Centennial Wireless service person contacted this person's manager, as well as his own regional manager with the text of the RMA chat.  He is trying to see if maybe his company will reimburse me for the cost if I have to go the insurance route.  All I can say is that I love my provider, liked my phone, and starting to loath the company that makes it.  With the competition starting to overtake them at this critical point, this is not a good way to do business.

As someone that has always considered Blackberry's to be the finest smartphones on the market, I am having serious doubts about the company's tech support.  No replies here that even say "We take this seriously and are looking into it."

These are support forums, right?  Or is this just self help?  I might as well be posting to the Crackberry forums.

Sincerely,

An Angry Customer, Possibly Not a Future Customer