Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World download stuck for days

I found a solution. Delete app world. I'm just going to abandon it till RIM fixes it. Plenty of other app resources out there; PINstack, Crackberry..........

I am having same problem and have done everything but wipe the phone. Nobody can tell me how to fix it. Deleting App World does no good. Please help me. I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks!
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I have to agree here. The solutions offered earlier are -not- working. My ZenMinder application in the My World section is perpetually stuck on the 'completing purchase' stage. I've logged back into PayPal. No joy. I've removed BB AppWorld, pulled the battery, reloaded it. No joy.

Anyone have -any- ideas here? Or are we all just banging our heads against a wall?

I have encountered on my first attempted download using the new app world on a new blackberry tour.  nothing whatsoever will clear the "starting download", in this case, for the bloomberg mobile app.  I have taken the additional step of downloading another app when my signal was strong enough and that app successful installed on my phone, but did nothing to push through the stuck one.  I have deleted and reinstalled app world twice. 

I have attempted to contact appworldsupport@blackberry.com and only recieved the automated reply - basically telling me tough luck.  there appears to be no possible means of support from blackberry on this.  It seems whatever app is stuck can NEVER be installed on your phone, even if you have paid for it!! 

New Contributor

i was downloading "shazam" and it got stuck at the "beginning download" green loading bar.... question here is... if i uninstall Blackberry app worrld, will all my games/programs/applications still be on my phone 100% IN-TACT?!

thanks

New Contributor

I have deleted App World, the apps that are stuck in "Starting Download".  Have reinstalled 3 times now, and nothing works.  The problem apps are free, but I tried the "login" option, and it didn't work either.

I have the latest 1.1.0.15 version of BBAW, and it didn't fix it.  Actually, I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to .15.

This is REALLY annoying.  I've deleted the BBAW application, because if I let it sit in the download menu, my memory mysteriously starts shrinking. 12MB, 11MB, 10MB, 7.5MB, etc.  It's like the cache is actually doing something, and just filling up.

I did try something novel.  I downloaded the application I originally wanted from the web with BBAW uninstalled.  When I ran BBAW for the first time after reinstalling it, I got:

"Uncaught exception: object already exists"

After clicking ok, I still had the same problem of stuck in "Starting Download..."

The connection arrows keep popping up and the memory continues to shrink.

I'm permanently deleting this application until someone replies here that it is really fixed.  I already had one problem with paying for an app that turned out not to work and I can't get tech support from them.  But to have this happen with RIM's own product is just absolutely mind boggling at this point.  Didn't they beta test this for dropped signals?

Contributor

I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  Got a replacement phone yesterday!!  Working on my 5th storm in less than 9 months!! Smiley Sad  Trying to download all my apps..... AGAIN!!  I have deleted app world and reinstalled it.  Done several battery pulls and have even downloaded more apps.  And still have 2 "free" apps stuck in "Starting download..."  This is getting really annoying.  Already frustrated enough having to keep getting replacement phones and now this! I hope this gets fixed soon!!  I love my storm but really!?! this is ridiculous!! 

New Contributor

I have a new storm and hav ethis issue as well. How do we prompt for a response from anyoen to help with this issues? Three apps frozen in time in APP world. There should be a fix somewhere. Why does this thread show "resolved"?
Contributor

Who "solved" this thread??  I see no one on this thread has had it resolved.  Has anyone found a solution?? Because I know I would love a solution.  Been thru the BB App world forums too... and nothing. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

FlipFlop_Girl wrote:

Who "solved" this thread??  I see no one on this thread has had it resolved.  Has anyone found a solution?? Because I know I would love a solution.  Been thru the BB App world forums too... and nothing. 

FYI -- if you look back to the first post of the thread, you will soon below that find another post by the original poster (who, btw, is the only person who can mark a thread as solved), which is marked as the solution. So, their solution worked for them...RIM is painfully aware that it does not work for most.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................