Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch

App World frozen at "Password Recovery" and showing "Please Wait..." foever

I have this problem the first week I got this phone and I am hoping some knows what to do!

I was able to open App World when I first got it. I was trying to download a game and it didn't work. The screen asked me to log in with BlackBerry ID so I created one.

But it didn't work.It said the password was wrong. I tried a few more times with all my possible passwords, and it still didn't work.

So I clicked "password recovery and it was FROZEN every since.

It just showed "Password Revoery" and my e-mail address and a clock with "Please Wait...".

It stuck there forever if I don't force to exit it. (I have to use the "Red Phone" to exit because the regular exit icon, the white one, doesn't do anything)

Am I the only one having this problem? Can someone help me? It is just stuck there and frozen. I have tried to turn the phone off for a day and turn it back on and it still does the same thing.

HELP ME!!!! I really appreciated! Thank you!

Torch 9800 with Bell
6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
BB 6.0.0 System Software
BB App world 2.1.0.39
Facebook 1.9.0.20
YouTube 1.0.0.29
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: App World frozen at "Password Recovery" and showing "Please Wait..." foever

yes, I have the exact same issue. Anybody know a fix?

b...
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I also have exactly the same problem. Still looking for a solution.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch

For some reason my app world disappeared while I was trying to see if it was still frozen! I have no idea why it was gone because I did not uninstalled app world. Then I download app world again and it was fine (so far).

Maybe uninstalled app world and download again and see if it works! (I still thinks it is so freaking weird that it was gone......)

Hope this helps!
Torch 9800 with Bell
6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)
BB 6.0.0 System Software
BB App world 2.1.0.39
Facebook 1.9.0.20
YouTube 1.0.0.29
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

[ Edited ]

stacychen33 wrote:
For some reason my app world disappeared while I was trying to see if it was still frozen! I have no idea why it was gone because I did not uninstalled app world. Then I download app world again and it was fine (so far).

Maybe uninstalled app world and download again and see if it works! (I still thinks it is so freaking weird that it was gone......)

Hope this helps!

There are a few posts relating to app world problems. Check here, and here to see if anything done in these posts might help you guys out. I hope it does and I'll keep looking as well.
Edit:
Found another possible solution here.
Edit:
There seems to be problems with accessing app world and creating a blackberry ID. It appears that Blackberry is aware of the ID problem and as far as accessing app world, its been acting up for the last couple of days.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Success! I uninstalled it by clicking my options button (the one with all the dots on it) and selecting Delete, followed instructions and after the automatic reboot I logged on to www.blackberry.com/appworld downloaded it an now everything's back to the way it was before the problem started. Thanks guys.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: black berry curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco mobile

Re: App World frozen at "Password Recovery" and showing "Please Wait..." forever

I am having the same problem. Please can someone find a solution. I have a BB Curve.

thanksSmiley Sad