Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: None

App World keeps overcharging me

I have a Playbook and download games and the odd app pretty regularly.  Yesterday I bought 5 games, 4 of which charged my Paypal account more than was advertised (example: Ragged Edge 3D was advertised yesterday at £2.50, but Blackberry billed me for £4.00).  In total, I ordered £6 of games, but was charged over £10 in total.

How are we supposed to sort out these issues?  There seems only to be the option of obtaining a full refund or querying in forums.  I don't need a full refund, but would like some clairification and possible refund over these overcharges.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App World keeps overcharging me

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since this site is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalation to, nor support from BlackBerry, I suggest you send the issue to the app developer (contact information which should be on the AppWorld catalog page for the app). They have a "back end" vendor support channel by which they can investigate issues with AppWord.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB 2.0 + Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm having the same problem.

Got charged £2.00 for an App advertised for £0.75. Have contacted developer and he says its a Appworld problem. I have tried the refund form but it fails every time with an unknown error. There is no telephone number for support for Appworld or an email address. Paypal wont/cant help, they say it was an authorised transaction.

So where do we go from here?

Guy
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

guypracy wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

Got charged £2.00 for an App advertised for £0.75. Have contacted developer and he says its a Appworld problem. I have tried the refund form but it fails every time with an unknown error. There is no telephone number for support for Appworld or an email address. Paypal wont/cant help, they say it was an authorised transaction.

So where do we go from here?

Guy

Hello,

I don't know what form you are trying, but as I recall there is one "out there", but indeed it is not the proper channel to use (I do wish they would take it down!!). Refunds from AppWorld are requested from BlackBerry, but to do so you must first contact your mobile service provider, who is then responsible for escalating your request up to BlackBerry for processing.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Payment was made via PayPal, so network provider will not be much help.

I have however managed to get a partial refund direct from the developer after several emails and the threat of escalating to a dispute with PayPal.  

Not an idea way to run a business,  but a result of sorts - not going to quibble over the last 25 pence.

Had no reply from Digital River to whom the payment was made.

Guy

Hall of Famer III

guypracy wrote:

Payment was made via PayPal, so network provider will not be much help.

Wrong...sorry, but the process is clear. If you want a refund from AppWorld, you contact your carrier...who escalates your request up to BlackBerry for processing. That is how the formal support model works for everything. Your carrier is responsible for 100% of your front line formal support, and they escalate into BlackBerry when necessary. But there is no path by which to bypass your carrier in the formal support model...you must start with them and get them to escalate. Even if they are not actually (as in your case) part of the problem, the process of going through them does not change.

I'm glad the developer helped you out.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: None

This is my Blackberry Playbook tablet (not a phone), so contacting 'the carrier' isn't an option.  I bought the games direct via BB Appworld using my home internet wifi.

Contributor

That is the same for me. PlayBook and downloaded via WiFi. So who do I contact as there is no carrier?

Guy
Hall of Famer III

BadWhippet wrote:

This is my Blackberry Playbook tablet (not a phone), so contacting 'the carrier' isn't an option.  I bought the games direct via BB Appworld using my home internet wifi.

Yup...that last reply was for the other person who posted here in your thread. Doesn't apply to you.

What did the developer say, btw? 

I can't remember how PB-only users (no carrier involved in the BB ID account) request refunds from BlackBerry...I'm asking some friends (via BBM) to see if they remember how. So far, the reply is to dispute it with PayPal, your credit card company, or whatever the actual form of payment was that you used for the purchase.

Good luck!

Hall of Famer III

guypracy wrote:
That is the same for me. PlayBook and downloaded via WiFi. So who do I contact as there is no carrier?

Guy

Sorry...I didn't understand that earlier. Same goes for you then as in the post above.