Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520 (white)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: App World latest version of Blackberry ID update

I am having the same issue ! Can anyone help me ! i have a blackberry curve 8520 ( v5.0.0.900 Bundle 1626 ) Platform 5.2.0.96 .... I can get the update for App World
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

darulanam786 wrote :

i have tried out ur aritcle kb29613 but still am facing the same problem..... if u can assist through any video then it will be the best of all....

Hi darulanam786

If still unable to update the recent BlackBerry ID software then I think you should try the most recently released App World version 4.0.0.65. But before that if you're running OS 6 and your device software version is prior to 6.0.0.706 then must update your device software.To know your device version :

OS 4 – 5  =  Options > About > first set of numbers on the third line.

OS 6 – 7 = Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

You can use BlackBerry Desktop Software to update your device software to the most recent one.

KB03901 :How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows.

Or you can do to manually using loader .exe, to update using loader.exe you can try this :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ).You can skip step 3 if you are using your Carrier OS pack.

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

KB10339 : How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

After updating your device OS you may have to register your device to your carrier network .

KB00510: How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network.

Once you got the registration message Download the most recent Ver. Of App world.From your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/appworld  and install it on your device. After Installation when Opening App World for the first time it will prompt to Update the recent BlackBerry ID software.If it does not prompt then depending on OS version :

•   Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > press the Menu key > Update. 
  •   HomeScreen > Options > BlackBerry ID > Press the menu key > Update.

You can try it over Mobile network if that fails then locate WI - FI then update BlackBerry ID software .

How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone .

So please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Elite II

cartino84 wrote :

I am having the same issue ! Can anyone help me ! i have a blackberry curve 8520 ( v5.0.0.900 Bundle 1626 ) Platform 5.2.0.96 .... I can get the update for App World

Hi cartino84

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please brief your problem.What update you are unable to get from App World ?

Prince

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: blackerry

even i do have the same problem

even i did battery pull out

but it is still like dat

any solution??

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: blackerry

i did battery pull out several times

but it z still not working

how much time does it takes?

Elite II

deepamanasa wrote :

i did battery pull out several times

but it z still not working

how much time does it takes?

Hi deepamansa

If Battery pull is Unable to solve your problem then locate a wi-fi and try updating BlackBerry ID  over Wi - Fi as suggested on post # 7 . So please try it.

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Contributor
My Device: BB Q 10 SQN 100-3
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Dear Prince, I was facing similar problem with my BB Bold 9900.It is resolved using link "

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/en​try.do?code=appworld3
"
Thanks and regards..
Suresh Khaire, Architect
Elite II

Suresh3211 wrote : 

Dear Prince, I was facing similar problem with my BB Bold 9900.It is resolved using link "

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3
"
Thanks and regards..

Hi Suresh3211

You are most welcome..and we are glad that you solved your issue by searching within this forums.Smiley Happy

Prince

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange France

Hi you guys, thanks for this link, but when I open it, its says ERROR..

Kind regards 

DesyDevine

Elite II

DesyDevine wrote :

Hi you guys, thanks for this link, but when I open it, its says ERROR..

Hi DesyDevine

Which link you are refering? If the link for App World version 4.0.0.55 then please try this :

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

( The working link is already available on # post 16 )

Prince