Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

App World suggestion.

I prefer looking for apps on my desktop.  I have yet to find a way to do that, other than a laundry list of"the "featured" apps".  I have (3) 28" monitors, and a fast internet connection.  I know I would buy more apps if I could do some research on my computer.

iPhone does it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/appstore/

Android does it: http://www.android.com/market/

And I'm sure the WebOS will do it, when I switch to them in a month.

Yet, with the BB App World... best I can do is see a list of featured apps?  That is crap.

I've actually been searching the iTunes app store for apps I like, then do a search on my BB to see if a comparable BB app exhists.  THAT IS NOT how a well designed app store works.

If you want to sell more, make it easier...make it better:

• Your Carrier : Sprint
  • Your BlackBerry Model: 8330 Curve
  • Your BlackBerry OS:
  • Version of App World:
  • If you have BIS or BES: BIS
My Device: 7230, 8700, 8820, 9000

Re: App World suggestion.

An online market place wouldn't be that hard to do. All of the screenshots, descriptions, reviews, etc. are already available for the application running on the device.

I would be happy with a weekly email digest listing the new apps, top downloads, highest rated apps, etc. I'm sure new apps are being added all the time, but I have no idea what they are or have time to continuously check all categories for apps that might be useful to me.

Earl Oliver
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330

Great post, rennhack.  I was just looking for the very same tool.  Viewing the descriptions of all the apps from our BB's would take forever.  It would save so much time and RIM would please a LOT of customers if we had the availability to view them online.  If anyone knows a site that lists all the apps for BB please speak up.  Thanks.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Some BIG WIG with Blackberry who is reading this, "GET ON THIS ASAP!" This would greatly improve the blackberry app sales and a more enjoyable unit to deal with.

I have actually come really close to selling my Blackberry and getting an Iphone because of this Non feature!

My 2 cents!

Thanks Justin