Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

App World won't work

Just got my new and first blackberry (Torch 9800)

So far, I must say this is the worst experience since windows 3.1

Every time I try to download from Blackberry App World... I get stuck on the Blackberry App World Setup page: Check that your computer and BlackBerry® smartphone are ready.

I get stuck at step one: Get the BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in. * Please do not navigate away from this page while the App World Browser Plug-in is installing. After installing the plug-in again and again it's simply impossible to make it to step 2. And I've tried on 3 different computers.

From my phone... I try to access Blackberry App World, I'm asked to log in to my blackberry ID and it just freezes at Authenticating... (for hours!)

Hope someone can fix this because this phone is going back to the store in less than 48 hours and I'm moving to an iPhone.

Not to mention wifi won't work unless I turn off mobile connection and google map won't work on wi-fi because I don't have an internet plan.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: App World won't work

i have the same problem with my bold 9700.... any solution cause these blackberry supports forums are useless

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I had issues with the blackberry id login screen for the App world too... I just created a new id and everything was fine after that.... not sure if that's your only problem though...

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&T

So no chances for me either.... I'm having the same problems you had!!!!

I don't have the choice to return it! One month has passed! Argh....

Please let me know if you have suggestion...

Thanks

simona

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: unlocked

I think you should wipe whole system and see if that helps. First you should back up if there is something you want to save. Then go to settings -> security -> security wipe.  I dont know if that helps but worth to try.
You can also get apps elsewhere than just appworld (crackberry.com etc. google it). I cant use appworld neither but thats because I live in finland and appworld does not support my country. Still I think this is the best smartphone I have had or tried. If you bougth this for appworld you certainly should get Iphone. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

BB 9800 suddenly app world disappeared unable to install it - suddenly my device is not able to run app world??? There is a bug! Help
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

guntherhampel wrote:
BB 9800 suddenly app world disappeared unable to install it - suddenly my device is not able to run app world??? There is a bug! Help

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

If after that, still you can't, I'd try re-isntalling AppWorld. Go to your Options > Device > Application Management and delete AppWorld. Then reinstall it from your BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/appworld

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hi the following steps I did
Battery out Restart
Delete. Appworld
Try to install:
The following system message comes:
Notice
Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.
Battery out
Try again
Still the same message

Dunno what to do...
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: ATT

I must agree with all of those above because I have the same problem, but only on Win7 desktop.  My wifes vista lap top worked fine, got the browser plug in, etc.

Is there something about Win7 that stops it all.  I also tried via a 32bit version of IE8 with same results.

BTW, does anyone from BB tech support ever read these forum entries?:

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2_UK

I had this problem - I use chrome, and I changed to using internet explorer and it worked immediately! Hope that helps.