Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: bell

App error 200 reset??? help me

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I was doing a update but then accidently unppluged the phone so my blackberry torch started to reboot, it took a while then white screen App error 200 reset shows up i push it and then it trys to reboot again but same app error 200 reset over and over again. how can this be fixed?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App error 200 reset??? help me

Welcome to the forums!

Were you updating the OS on your device?  Please use the following steps to reload the OS:

Download the most current OS for your device, which it sounds like you already have.

Connect your device.

On your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

In that folder, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your OS.

Please post back if you have issues/questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Yeah i was in the middle of a device update but it did not finsih due the fact i accidently en plugged the phone. I tried pluggin it back into my labtop. but blackberry solfware manager doenst connect to it. because it wont turn on? wont recognize it i guess.

Forums Veteran I

Try the method above, which circumvents Desktop Manager.  If that doesn't work, post back and we'll try some other things.  In fact, go ahead and download an app to your PC called BBSAK, which you get here: www.bbsak.org

Once the app is installed, connect your device to the PC, then launch BBSAK.  You'll be asked for a password.  If you don't have a password set for your device, just click OK.

Your device should hopefully be recognized by BBSAK, in which case, choose the Wipe Device option.  This will wipe the OS from your device, allowing you to do a fresh install using the instructions above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

does the battery have to be in? cuz i once i put it in all it wants to do is try to reboot?

I am downloading the swiss army knife as we speak.

Whats the OS stand for?

New Contributor

i did wipe device, Now i need to re download the solfware its telling me.  I guess everything will be erased now? will there be a way to get all my contacks and information back?

Forums Veteran I

When you did your first attempt at the upgrade, did you use Desktop Manager?  If so chances are pretty good there's a backup from that.

Otherwise, unless you've done regular backups, your data will be lost.

Look on your computer in My Documents>BlackBerry>Backup and you should see a list of backup files and dates.  They'll end in "ipd"

New Contributor

I dont understand what this desktop manager is? i have desktop solfware unless its the samething.. the little cd you get with the phone. also maybe good information , i have two labtops with which i both use to do back ups on

New Contributor

Thank you very  much. My data was saved on it. didnt lose anything, just need to set up my wifi and emails. thank you very much

Forums Veteran I

Good deal! Glad you're backing business!