Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

App error 433 on 9850

I keep having my 9850 freeze at least once a day. It usually happens opening a random email. I turn off the phone then turn it back on and get this:
Uncaught exception:Application net_rim_bb messaging_app(433) is not responding;process terminated. I even deleted BB Messenger and still get this app 433 error.
Anyone got any ideas? If not where I can go to escalate this error to?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App error 433 on 9850

LCromwell

I don't find any relevent KB related to this specific error " App Error 433 " !

Still  .. most often those errors are always related to any application that we Install on your device or sometime Device OS itself , there is a way to access our device event logs  , refer to this KB for help :

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

You have to scroll through those logs to see this error ( Starting with Uncaught exceptions ) and with which application it is related , Sometime deleting that particular application may fix this error. Or first do a backup of your device then delete  third party aplications from your device one at a time and see if that error disappear.

If above fails then there is another options , First do a Backup of your device using Desktop Software , then you can perform a Clean OS reload which I'm sure will fix your issue .

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After reload first check if error cease , then proceed with a selective restore . you can install a fresh copy of each application from BlackBerry World . But take caution and don't install unknown 3rd party apps that you rarely use . If after installing any of those apps error re-appear you will know the original  culprit . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Prince I couldn't find the app error in the pages and pages of lists. I did find a clear log,so I did that and will check the log after it happens next time. After clearing logs I was left with 2 which it says are from 1969. Is that weird or what? I tried again to remove them and they will not delete.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.

Oh thanks for the help.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

LCromwell

You may not find  " App Error 433 " on your device event logs , but you will sure find anything related to " Uncaught exception: .....  " So search for that , then you'll know the application with which it is related .

You can reboot you device right now , then whenever you get this error search those event logs , I'm sure it will help .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.