Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

App error 523 reset (loop);

Hi! i've got my BBCurve 8520 giving an "app error 523 rest" message everytime i try to switch on..and it gets into a loop with the above message appearing each time at reboot..

tried the app loader but since the device cannot connect to the computer,not able to get the updation of software done... could anybody help me please!!

Super Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: App error 523 reset (loop);

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run, then copy and paste the following line exactly (that means WITH the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection" drop-down menu you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed to your Blackberry. Hit 'Next' and 'Finish'. DO NOT disconnect anything and let the entire process finish completely (may take up to one hour).

NOTE: If you don't see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you'll need to download Blackberry's Operating System for your particular carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network, then select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download to your PC and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

----------------------
"Cats may taste like chicken, but they have more bones than rabbits."

Blackberry 101
Tips & Tricks
Videos to learn from on youtube
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8520

Thank you, the solution provided worked...!! my BBCurve 8520 is up and running..:-)

Thank you so much..

Cheers!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Smart

Hi,

I tried downloading the OS with filename x8520wifijEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1168_PL5.2.0.67_A5.0.0.681_SMART_Communications_Inc.exe

It gives an error "Error reading setup initialization file" I downloaded the file twice.

Don't know which OS file to install now.

Thanks

New Contributor

I used the lower version of the software, and I was able to uninstall all apps even themes. I still get the App error.

Please help, maybe an uninstall of the OS would do but don't know how to do it since the desktop manager can't recognize it. I keep on hitting retry so it can detect the phone but it does not work.

Really need your help badly.

New Contributor

hi i asked our sysad to download the latest version of the file and it worked. The apploader file reformatted my phone.

Thanks for the help.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi , I have reached till point number 4 "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". but instead of UNKNOWN its showing my PIN and when i clicked next  its saying connecting to the device (ARM)... I have been stuck here...... please guide me what to do now as I am waiting here from long time and nothing is happening........

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

my carrier and network is not in this list....... I am in India with Airtel carrier..... where can I find this.....

Visitor
My Device: 2010 & Storm 2
My Carrier: unemployed currently

i am using bb strorm 2 (9520)

i have tried to connect my bb to pc but it wont and the same reset error occurs every time

i also cannot see any PIN  showing in the selection box in app loader even through the bb is connected to pc

New Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Simple Mobil

I saw this worked, but how would I make it work with Mac?