Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

App error 603 after updating Blackberry messenger

Hi

I updated Blackberry World and Blackberry Messenger simultaneously. After rebooting, the phone goes on, does 'software security verification' then shows me a white screen that says 'App error 603' Reset'.

I got it to work once (I don't know how) and then I couldn't get into Blackberry messenger - I tried deleting it, but the phone wouldn't give me the option. Now it just constantly goes to the white screenSmiley Sad.

Anyone know what I could try?

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App error 603 after updating Blackberry messenger

Hello Samantha77

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a backup of your device ?

You can refer to this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

After recovery , If you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry Protect then you can restore your data from there.

Additional Information :

KB23951"Error 603", "App Error 603", or "JVM 603" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Mtn

MY Blackberry Phone is saying App Error 603 I need a solution.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ade1 wrote:
MY Blackberry Phone is saying App Error 603 I need a solution.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Start by scrolling up to the message just before yours, in which there is a link to a KB article regarding exactly that situation. Read that article, try what it recommends, and come back with detailed results.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

My Blackberry is saying App Error 603 reset then it will show white screen and I have try clicking on alt plus lg 50times to no avail.
New Contributor

My Blackberry is saying App Error 603 reset then it will show white screen and I have try clicking on alt plus lg 50times to no avail.How will I stop my blackberry it always waste time booting .
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

OK...unfortunately, nothing about that addresses what the article linked above provides guidance for. So, let me ask the question simpler...have you clicked on, read, and tried what the article linked above provides?

If not, then please do so. If yes, then please provide specific results from what you tried that you found in the article.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................