Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

Most apps downloaded just fine but the "ITookThisOnMyPhone" app is stuck halfway through the download and will not complete. When selecting the menu to try and cancel or delete the download in order to restart it, I only have the option to "pause or resume" it... I cannot cancel or delete it. ??? So far, I have removed the battery and performed a restart/reboot of the phone and completely uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry App World to no avail. The only result was that all the games and apps that I downloaded into my phone are now ONLY on my phone and no longer stored in MY WORLD!!! What the heck??? Where are they and why are they now gone

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

If you had any paid apps, you should be able to do the following to resynchronize your list of apps.

- Open App World

- Open My World

- Press the menu button

- Click Login

- Login using your PayPal credentials

If you have only downloaded free apps, then they would have disappeared because free apps aren't kept in My World since you can always re-download them.

Only paid-for apps stay in My World.

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

Hmmm. ok. thanks, that makes sense and yes, they are all free apps. what about the stuck download? any idea how cancelling can be done without a cancel or delete option?

I have the same issue with the ticketmaster app.. The rest of them dl fine, just this one has been stuck for 2 days and I cant remove it to start again..
Retired

janeb and VTECMAN,

Are you both seeing the apps in question listed under Options >> Advanced Options >> Applications?

Also, could you provide the BlackBerry model and device software version? (You can get those from Options >> About)

Lastly, I'd also like to grab the name of your service provider.

HI... the app which is stuck does not show up in my apps re: Options > Advanced Options> applications... I had tried in the beginning to see if it was there in order to delete it but it is a "no show"

my phone is the Blackberry Curve 8310 (v4.2.2.163) and my service provider is Rogers

BTW... the fact that it is stuck does not seem to be interfering with the handheld's performance in any way....

janeb

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

I have had the same issue with the Livestrong app. I received the receipt that the app was paid for and initially it appeared in My World. When I clicked install, the program never installed and no longer appears on my My World screen or in the applications list at Options >> Advanced Options >> Applications. I have logged in on the My World screen and received notification that applications have been reconciled, but only the free apps I have downloaded are there and the Livestrong app is missing. 

My phone is an 8330 Curve on Sprint v4.5.0.131. 

Thanks.

Retired

Indyirish, can I have you open up My World and attempt to log into your PayPal account again?
My Device: Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

I just logged in this morning to MyWorld and still the only apps that are showing are for Shazam and Ticketmaster.

Thanks.

EDIT: Cleared private information

Message Edited by Andy on 04-12-2009 10:18 AM
New Contributor

I've had the exact same problem. I downloaded an app for a game I purchased for my phone. I received confirmation from paypal for the payment. After logging into myworld..It is there to download..which I do...but when it begins to install...it stats that there was a problem and could not be installed...