Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

Is there no way to get a Blackberry App World option available to these phones where you can hit "menu" and actually see delete or cancel during a download rather than just the options for pause/resume???
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

tshelnut wrote:
I've had the exact same problem. I downloaded an app for a game I purchased for my phone. I received confirmation from paypal for the payment. After logging into myworld..It is there to download..which I do...but when it begins to install...it stats that there was a problem and could not be installed...

Did the app complete it's download? What app is it? Can you PM me the order confirmation number?

CerealByPass, did you get my question about the possibility of an option to Cancel/delete from the download screen if this problem of a "stuck download" occurs???
Retired

janeb wrote:
CerealByPass, did you get my question about the possibility of an option to Cancel/delete from the download screen if this problem of a "stuck download" occurs???

Yup! You've given us a lot of great information so we're looking into what can be done to get the apps that are "stuck" removed from my world. Can you PM me your PIN?

You suggest I PM you my Pin #...This might seem dumb but how do I PM someone?? what does that mean? LOL
Retired

Haha sorry about that!

PM means Private Message. You can do it by clicking on my name and clicking the link "Send this user a private message" on the page that pops up.

You can get your PIN from your BlackBerry by going to Options >> Status.

[ Edited ]

This happened to me last night too:  I purchased Word Scramble through Paypal and it was downloading, but took forever and got stuck for 2 hours.  I'm new to BB (6 weeks) but have bought other apps from BBAW successfully. I finally pushed and held the button on the top of the BB 8330 vs 4.5.0.77 and it shut off; I went back into the app world icon and my world was blank.  Tonight app world won't even open, just says "loading" and gets stuck.  What should I do?  Please reply; thanks from Iowa

EDIT: Removed personal data

Message Edited by MohA on 04-17-2009 10:15 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor

Has there  been any headway in being able to delete an app which is stuck in the "downloading" mode in My World?
New Contributor

I purchased GPSed Pro: Track and Map Your Trips today, it was an upgrade to the free version. It downloaded but failed to install. Every time I try to download and install it gets stuck saying downloading. The original version disappeared from the phone. Please help.

Curve 8900

Orange UK

v4.6.1.206 software 

Same problem, Viigo is stuck downloading and won't resume.

8900 v4.6.1.114 on T-Mobile

I was walking home downloading it, and when my phone switched onto my wireless network the download stopped and I've been unable to get it to resume.

A "cancel download" option would be very helpful.