Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

I removed the battery several times and that did not fix the problem. Thank you.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App is stuck during download! no cancel option AND all apps disappeared off MY WORLD!

I have verizon, on a storm, and the most recent app world and OS. I went to download the free visual voice mail and froze in the middle of it. I pulled the battery, and when I went to My World everything but one app was gone. There are two main problems. The visual voice mail app is not in myworld, not is downloads, not in main menu, not in applications, and not in advanced options>>>apps and when i go to try and download it again, the download tab is not there on the applications download page. Also, after this happened I tried to download two more apps and they download to full and then not install. NO error mesage or anything, just does not do anything after hitting the install button. So I have 2 apps sitting there not installed and one that has disappeared with no way of redownloading it. I also deleted and reinstalled app world and still no download option and they are still sitting there. Please help, thank you!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi Dowski,

Did you access Visual Voice Mail through the App World application, or the Application Center?

For the other two applications, have you removed the battery from your BlackBerry Smartphone and then replaced it? 

Thank you

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
New Contributor

I just reinstalled app world again and pulled the battery again just to make sure. The status is the same, the free youmail visual voice mail from app world is disappeared from every possible location on the phone and also without a download option on its page ( categories>>Productivity and Utilities>>Personal Organization>>YouMail Visual Voicemail) so there is no possible way for me to try and redownload. As for the two apps that are downloaded but not installing are still sitting there in my world with a "ready to install" but will not install.

As a reminder all this has occured after the disappeared application froze during installation. After pulling the battery all my other apps are out of myworld, and the current problem described above still applies.

New Contributor

Also the other two applications that are downloaded but not installed are NOT in advanced options >>> applications.
Visitor

I'm having a similar problem with the free Bank of America app on my Verizon Storm.  I had an old version (something like version 0.112) so I downloaded the new version (1.0.0) from App World and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the old version.  I said yes and it installed the new version, but then it immediately started trying to download the BoA App again from the App World and I can't get it to stop.  I deleted the BoA 1.0.0 installation and now I can't re-download it because it is stuck trying to download in My World.  If I navigate back to the BoA app in App World the download button is unavailable.  I have App World version 1.0.0.28 and have uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but this doesn't help.  I also downloaded the BoA App from the Bank of America website and installed it and then uninstalled it hoping this might work but it didn't.  Is there some way you can clear out the BoA app from my My World account so I can try downloading it again.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

It looks like we have an SDR (Software Development Request) created for this now so our developers are taking a look into the issue.

If you do have anything to report, feel free. We would be looking for this information:

- Carrier
- Model
- OS
- App world client version
- BIS/BES/Both?
- Application having issues
- Description of issue (including the exact wording of any error messages)

Verizon is my Carrier, Model is the storm 9530 OS is  V4.7.0.75 Appworld client version is1.0.0.28. BIS

The problem is i tried downloading the app and it is stuck at 0%  I tried uninstalling AppWorld and reinstalling, and it was still there.  I am able to download others but this one stays at 0%.  At the app screen in appworld does not show run or download.  I have tried taking the battery out.  I have also tried pausing and resuming with no luck.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I Finally fixed my problem! For everyone having this problem here was the fix. I backed up my phone on desktop manager and then I did a hard reset of my phone and then resynced everything to it and that fixed my problem. It erased all of the apps that were in the downloaded section of my app worl, but when resyncing, all of the apps that I had downloaded were replaced back on the phone no problem. Everything works great now! Thank you Verizon Tech Support! (:

I tired downloading tiki towers last night and never got any progress downloading. I tried doing a battery pull and re-installing it but I get nothing. Its still stuck in the downloading phase.

Verizon

9530 Storm

Tiki Towers

.28 version of app world.