Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810, BB Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

App stopped working

Hi, purchased the BubbleShoot app from AppWorld a couple months back for my 32GB BB PB tablet.  Was working fine, but suddenly today it goes to the app Start screen, and says "wait a moment until the game is loaded", and then sits on that screen, nothing further happens.

I have tried un-installing then re-installing, as well as uninstall, power down, power up, reinstall, power down, power up, and try to re-open, but nothing doing, still messed up.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

B

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: App stopped working

Have you restarted the Playbook? Tap the battery icon and then tap the Restart option.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to contact the developer of the application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes, I did try that.  I also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, powering down and then back up between the uninstall and reinstall.

The developer appears to be "PinkApps", but their web address of http://www.pinkin.ch doesn't bring up much of anything.  There is an email address of info@pinkin.ch listed; I'm not hopeful, but I'll try that.  I'm guessing this app somehow got corrupted, and it just reloads the corrupted version everytime you try to uninstall and reinstall.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's a likely scenario. If that's the case then you'd have to reload the OS to your Playbook to make it work again.

When you uninstalled, did you restart the device or just power it off and back on? You should restart the device in between.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Between the uninstall and the reinstall, I powered off, waited a minute, then powered back up again.   I can try an uninstall, then a restart, then a reinstall for the heck of it and see if that makes any difference.

Guru II

There is a huge difference between a power off and a restart/reboot.

Contributor

I'll try that restart as soon as my PB is done it's weekly backup (and my 9810).  The PB seems to take an exceedingly long time to back up comparted to my 9810.  Whatever, it's still less hassle than losing data because you DIDN'T back up!

Guru II

How many GB of data do you have on the PB? There is a lot more data to backup on the PB than on a 9810.

Contributor

It's a 32GB, about 1/2 full.

Guru II

So it's transferring 16GB of data over a USB cable and you're surprised that it takes a while? I have a 64 GB Playbook and it takes a good long time to make a full backup. I wish RIM would make a more selective backup so that I could just backup what I wanted.